Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
400 Cummins
TOW/TOAD
28' car hauler or 2019 F-150 4x4 Sport
Fulltimer
No
I'm helping my brother put in a new AC unit on his DS...has anyone installed a conversion kit? I'm not quite understanding what this does. Not like he's going from 1 manufacturer to another. I haven't found any instructions on line. He had a Dometic and replacing with another, just going from 13 to 15 size unit.

I'm helping my brother put in a new AC unit on his DS...has anyone installed a conversion kit? I'm not quite understanding what this does. Not like he's going from 1 manufacturer to another. I haven't found any instructions on line. He had a Dometic and replacing with another, just going from 13 to 15 size unit.

Did the same. What is happening is the older coaches are not digital but analog. So the thermostat and the unit cannot communicate. You need a conversion board you can get them online and the directions are self explanatory it’s a matter of cutting and connecting wires to the circuit board. Make sure you follow the order or it will not work.

Thanks, exactly what i did. New AC unit board controlled 10-12 button thermostats and his is a 5. Wired up, AC & heat pump working fine. He ordered a soft start as well. The dealer sold him the AC unit and soft start and the soft start is the wrong one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back