• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alaska bound from Michigan

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We are crossing just above Coeur d'Alene Hwy 95.to Alaska.Coming back we cross into Eureka MT.on hwy 93. Don't have much advice, our first time with the motor home.

The ones near Kalispell and Babb have both been good to me, but I didn’t have an RV back then.

Last time we drove to Alaska (2016), we entered Canada at Sumas, WA and reentered the US at Bottineau, ND. The latter was way more stringent. Our only complicating factor was having a dog with us.

Any advice on which land border crossing in Montana to transit British Columbia to Alaska ?
I suggest that you do as much of your travel west staying in the US as fuel costs in Canada are not favorable. Use I 15 in Montana to cross into Canada at Coutts Alberta. This is a large crossing since this is a major truck route and open 24 hrs. From Coutts one should take highway 2 to Calgary then head west to Banff on the Trans Canada (highway 1) . From there head north on the Icefields Parkway (highway 93 and very picturesque) to Jasper then connect with highway 16. Safe travels!

Darrell

I suggest that you do as much of your travel west staying in the US as fuel costs in Canada are not favorable. Use I 15 in Montana to cross into Canada at Coutts Alberta. This is a large crossing since this is a major truck route and open 24 hrs. From Coutts one should take highway 2 to Calgary then head west to Banff on the Trans Canada (highway 1) . From there head north on the Icefields Parkway (highway 93 and very picturesque) to Jasper then connect with highway 16. Safe travels!

Darrell
Great! Thanks for the info.

Latest resources

Back