All basement doors locked

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thank TJ,
I don’t have much hope opening that door undamaged. Will try tomorrow.

Yesterday morning I got everything ready to remove the electrics bay door one way or another. Double taped the edges to protect the paint etc.
Than decided to try the key again. Thinking if it breaks, the door latch is toast can be fixed later. After playing with it for couple minutes, I managed to overpower the actuator and it opened (y)(y). Replaced the 20A burned fuse and the latches work
Now waiting for the new actuators and SS nylon coated fishing line and crimp sleeves to make emergency release for each door.
NEXT, will tackle the slide motor bolts and replace them with Nord-Lock washer / stud fix recommended by SLS in 2018 SLS Fix

Now waiting for the new actuators and SS nylon coated fishing line and crimp sleeves to make emergency release for each door.
I would love to see some photos of how you do this; especially how you hide the cables and where.

TJ

I would love to see some photos of how you do this; especially how you hide the cables and where.

TJ
Will try to remember to take some photos TJ. Most of the times I forget, even if my profession was commercial photographer many years ago ?

Start with setting up your tripod like you used to;)

TJ
Check out this post on IRV2. It should give you all the info you need.

Jerry,
I suggested that on iRV2 in 2019, but never did it. Now I’m motivated ?
Door release

Jerry,
I suggested that on iRV2 in 2019, but never did it. Now I’m motivated ?
Door release
I put the pull cables on all my doors after reading all the problems others have had. For sure I will now never have a problem...just like carrying a spare part that will never be used.

Latest resources

Back