Chassis
Spartan K3
Engine
Cummins ISX12 (500HP)
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep GC Summit Reserve
Fulltimer
Yes
Most of the drawers throughout the coach have plastic latches to keep them secure when traveling. The problem is the latches are somewhat of pain when you’re parked for an extended period of time as you have to exert a bit of force to pull open (and close) the drawers. I’m a bit OCD, so leaving the drawer slightly ajar isn’t a good option. Is there some other type of latch where you can disengage them when you’re parked for some period of time?

Ony suggestion that I could suggest is to do a lot more 12 ounce curls! :ROFLMAO:

Most of the drawers throughout the coach have plastic latches to keep them secure when traveling. The problem is the latches are somewhat of pain when you’re parked for an extended period of time as you have to exert a bit of force to pull open (and close) the drawers. I’m a bit OCD, so leaving the drawer slightly ajar isn’t a good option. Is there some other type of latch where you can disengage them when you’re parked for some period of time?
My thought is - magnetic drawer latch?

Amazon product ASIN B07WQY14JR

I thought folks were doing slow closure guides to do this…

Ok! I have no idea what your slides look like, but if you want something bad enough then!!!

I changed all of our drawer slides to soft close. You can actually leave the plastic latch installed and only let the slide mechanism close the drawer while parked and click them into lock with the standard latch when traveling.

I used soft close drawer glides for the drawers below our fridge. They work very good and we have heavy items in them and they have never come open going down the road.

Chaching! Thank you Neal for getting me to spend more money. I ordered these. Hopefully, the stock price can continue to rise.🤣

Actually I have a soft close drawer that never worked correctly. I think that is what I hear opening while driving. Also my pantry drawers don’t lock and sometimes slide out and open the pantry door on the road. I put heavy latches on the door, but I am not sure if it worked. I have Velcro to secure the pantry drawers, but I am going to add these magnetic latches as well. Nothing like overkill. 😎 I cannot see where the noise is coming from while driving, and I refuse todo the self driving mod, so I can get up and look around while underway..😂

Latest resources

Back