• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alternative to Harvest Host

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We tend to get thumbs up and questions from many truckers at truck stops (oh I gotta get one of those) and rest areas, cuz we look like this when backed in. Our nose sticks out another 5 to 10 feet than most semis when backed in.

Attachments

• IMG_6212.jpeg
    IMG_6212.jpeg
    409.7 KB · Views: 8
By the way, there is a newer version called ioverlander2 that has improvements from the old. I just sometimes want a safe, easy-access place to pull over and rest and then get back on the road close to the road I am traveling.
I downloaded the ioverlander 2 and at first glance, I couldn't see the differences, help me out.

The differences tend to be feature and function related to the app not so much the data on places. Here is what I picked up from their website.

• Save your favorites!
  • UI available in Spanish (more languages coming soon!)
  • Advanced filters: sort by closed places, date last verified and by available amenities
  • Add a new place when you aren’t there by tapping a spot on the map
  • Complete dark mode support
  • Make quick check-ins to verify a place still exists without all the typing
  • Report check-ins and images as inappropriate
  • And with our new subscription, you can also download offline maps!
And this was also on their website.

However, the old app is running on a platform that is no longer supported and although we intend to keep it live as long as possible, updates have become nearly impossible. The databases will continue to update, but the apps UI and functionality will continue to degrade.

Well as soon as they add Texan to the language I'll be all over it!
Thats a big deal they no longer support the old iOverlander app.

I went and checked out some dispersed camping spots today. This may be a really nice tool to have. Thanks for sharing.

The HH marketing team is working really hard today. I ought to check out Truckers Path.
IMG_6183.png

Since canceling my HH subscription, I have received at least one email daily offering discounts. The best so far has been my grandfathered price plus another 25% discount.

Latest resources

Back