Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I used to belong to Harvest Host but never used it. Many places do not have clear access for my coach, and I won't park on grass with my weight, so I canceled. An article in RV Travel mentioned another option.

I enjoy HH and will be using it more now that I glow in the dark :) Just takes careful study but it sure can be a different style of camping. Some find amazing places, museums, etc. I enjoyed a farm I stayed at, but missed the apple pies or my half bath would have been stocked to the roof! The hangar I stayed at that I posted not long ago was neat. Moral is, with some study, it can offer unique opportunity but it is boondocking if that's not your thing, i.e. you typically pursue shore power...

I saw the news, will have to check it out just to see what's going on.

Interesting I recently received an email from Harvest Host declining my request for an overnight stay.
Fortunately when I initially did not receive a confirmation when booking online last week I called.
They were very pleasant on the phone and explained that they do not offer space on weekends, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Which for a retail Farm Store makes sense to me.
The follow on confirmation email is something new to me.

I prefer an overnight spot versus going into a campground en route. Except for a few places like the hangar you mentioned and a petroleum museum in TX where we stayed, the options are limited if you do not want to have trees scratching your paint or tight roads to get to the final point. I have used a suggestion from the forum called Overlander with better success, but they tend to be parking lots, churches, roadside pull-offs, etc, which are more suitable for my size.

Maybe @Neal you monetize your setup and provide power to us little guys in the same overnight area. Just a thought.

That is the one typical problem with HH destinations and that's the getting there. I called a HH once and he told me an alternate route to take due to low branches, etc. I wasn't aware, good thing he offered the advice. As we all know, most CG's have well traveled routes by rigs such as ours, HH can be a risk and needs careful study and some time at the crystal ball, palm reader, and whatever else works for you.

I like the golf course option of HH. Golf courses are plentiful and they are generally closed at night so a late arrival means you are just parking there. The properties are well maintained with good access and while its basically just a parking lot, they don’t have the security issues of more public parking lots. I steer clear of Walmarts after experiencing late night congregations of less than savory “neighbors”. I don’t golf (clubs generally stay home) but I find these properties appealing for a quiet, secure, over night stay.

Maybe @Neal you monetize your setup and provide power to us little guys in the same overnight area. Just a thought.
@sheridany at it again, too risky to camp with you my friend! High voltage lines nearby, in neighbor spot!

bus GIF

Now that @GlampDaddy has me setup with all new (and used) goods I'm ready to stay at some HH golf destinations!
Just read the print as some require you to play a round to stay there. I ran into that a couple of times. The good part is they usually have a clubhouse where you can dine at a nice restaurant after a long day. And now that @Neal has shiny new clubs, that is a good option. I don't think they want skeet shooters....

Latest resources

Back