• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alternative to Harvest Host

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We stay at a Harvest Host location several times a year. We stayed at the same vineyard near Fredericksburg, TX from the Friday after Thanksgiving until Monday morning. It is a considerable parking lot with a crushed granite surface. I've learned to ask if multiple nights are available and they always have been.

The bonus is meeting so many fun people when staying at a HH.

We were going to stay at a HH in SD this summer but they called me the day before and recommended we not come because they had had a lot of rain and the parking area may be too wet to support our rig.

@sheridany at it again, too risky to camp with you my friend! High voltage lines nearby, in neighbor spot!

bus GIF
I thought that is what you are supposed to do when you win. At $1,000 per tire, I will leave it you you big guys. That would be fun to watch from a safe distance, though. I applaud sheridany’s driving skills, though. That must be a mod he did not tell us about, or that feature is only available on special high, high end coaches. 🤣

Wait till you see my other mods!

that’s prevost parking assist. Works really well.

1701543730954.gif

I find Passport America (PpA) to be more convenient than Harvest Host. I looked into HH when they first started up. I read a lot of reviews from people who used it. I finally decided it wasn't for me.

May I suggest freecampsites.net for finding an overnight. It doesn't have all the "free or cheap" but it does have a lot of them.

We love Harvest Host and have been using it for 6 years no issues. We are a 40' class A with F150 SuperCrew Yes as in any camping area you have to do your due diligence and reviewing the sites. Some of the best most beautiful private sites ever. As for golf courses we have stayed at them and we do not typically arrive in time to golf so we just go to the club house and grab a bite to eat or a beverage. We have never had one refuse us. We have even asked at reservation time if this was acceptable. Top two photos golf course last photo Vineyard. At this point we were flat towing our Miata. Soon after this we switched to the SuperCrew.
IMG_1431.JPG
IMG_1426.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG

how often is running the generator through the night a problem at Harvest host locations?

Having no data sample to rely on, I want to say about 3/4 or more request no generators; it seems when I have perused the options to stay, 1/4 say yes and some with limits. I see a few more offer electric hookups for a fee I haven't seen before. It could be anecdotal evidence.

In my HH experiences over the past 3-4 yrs, with very few exceptions, I have found the hosts to be extremely flexible with HH rules in general. I have yet to be somewhere that an A/C was needed that the hosts forbade the use of generators. They tend to care more about your business than anything else.

I travel primarily in the south and Midwest, which could be factors.

I've stayed in 31 HH and I've always been able to use my generator. Since I've never stayed closer than 250 miles east of the San Andreas fault, it may have something to do with the more lax rules.

I've stayed at 3 with 50 amp 2 with 30 amp at no charge, and 1 with full hook-up for $25/night. I've stayed several times for more than 1 night.

Latest resources

Back