Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Answered Anyone have a good POC in Newmar customer service?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
PM sent with contact info (including phone numbers) for a warranty service rep, a service scheduler, a service estimator, a customer service rep (customer experience coordinator), and two parts reps, with whom Ive had successful dealings.

I prefer having any serious work on the house and systems done at Nappanee. And if you are paying for non-warranty work, the labor rate is less before March 31 - it was $45/hour less last year. I found that helpful as I had quite list of repairs and upgrades and had some chassis maint. done while I was there. The have quite a list for that.

They also only charge you for the actual time it takes for the repairs - the estimates are worst case, unlike dealerships where they will go for every penny they can. Their chassis maintenance prices are also reasonable for the most part, and they are good planning a work schedule, so you can get a lot done in a reasonable time frame. The only issue for work before March 31 is planning around the weather.

For me, having work done at Nappanee was worth the trip because of other benefits including just about everything being in stock (I had some stuff ordered in advance), the most qualified techs and best equipped shop available, and special consideration for some issues (one of mine was paint related) resulting in cost share that you might not get at a dealership. In my case they covered the entire expense even though the coach was five years old. They also get on it at 6am and have the coach back to you by around 3:30.

And its a nice enough place to visit. Staying in the coach at their camp ground is economical (free) and I found it pleasant and convenient, but if its going in the paint shop you need to make other plans. If thats the case, the Oakwood Resort, 15 miles east is a nice enough hotel and certainly better than anything else I could find in the area.

Attachments

• 4808A149-4C96-4496-8400-56DEC0F41603.jpeg
    4808A149-4C96-4496-8400-56DEC0F41603.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
I believe the winter rates are Jan 1 thru March 31 and it's worth it if you need something major out of pocket.

And count me in the always go to Newmar before anywhere else. I don't care which dealer you think walks on water, there is no better place to get your Newmar taken care of than NEWMAR. And typically your visit to a dealer for service will have you going to Newmar anyways, okay, maybe not, but the only one I trust to touch my coach is Newmar. Always always always, get a Factory Pickup when ordering new especially when Newmar's quality has been suffering in recent years! For the reasons above, Newmar has the parts, has the capability to fix anything, and has the absolute best customer service.

Also of note, a dealer is not always the right place to be going for service. Know who makes your issue in question, i.e. chassis, Cummins/ONAN, HWH, etc. A dealer is not necessarily a do all service center unless at Newmar, which for them does exclude most chassis work other than routine maintenance.

My coach repair and maintenance “big adventure” included a week in Moscow Iowa for Active Air, so I spent the first week there (camped in their shop), took the weekend to go get set up in Nappanee, then nine days there including a weekend at the Oakridge. I took a dog and we had a nice trip. They also have a dedicated pet owners lounge at the Nappanee facility in addition to the excellent main lounge, wonderful staff there, and a parts shop that is fun to browse for those spare parts and other items you didn't know you needed.

Attachments

• A0B86FEF-16B9-45E6-B910-74C4563696FD.jpeg
    A0B86FEF-16B9-45E6-B910-74C4563696FD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 12CEB722-242A-41B9-80BB-D08E01AE3773.jpeg
    12CEB722-242A-41B9-80BB-D08E01AE3773.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
I believe the winter rates are Jan 1 thru March 31 and it's worth it if you need something major out of pocket.

And count me in the always go to Newmar before anywhere else. I don't care which dealer you think walks on water, there is no better place to get your Newmar taken care of than NEWMAR. And typically your visit to a dealer for service will have you going to Newmar anyways, okay, maybe not, but the only one I trust to touch my coach is Newmar. Always always always, get a Factory Pickup when ordering new especially when Newmar's quality has been suffering in recent years! For the reasons above, Newmar has the parts, has the capability to fix anything, and has the absolute best customer service.

Also of note, a dealer is not always the right place to be going for service. Know who makes your issue in question, i.e. chassis, Cummins/ONAN, HWH, etc. A dealer is not necessarily a do all service center unless at Newmar, which for them does exclude most chassis work other than routine maintenance.
Kinda tough when you live in the SF Bay Area. Those 5k round trips get a bit long & pricey.
I, too, spent a week in Moscow Iowa for AA at HWH. Everyone should spend a week camped out in the HWH factory in Moscow.😝😝😝

I’m getting extremely frustrated with Newmar’s lack of response to my emails. I’ve been sending them emails detailing issues that I want addressed under warranty and getting squat for responses. In the past month I have sent three emails and received zero responses.

I will give them credit for consistency though. It’s been this way for the entire year I’ve owned this coach. I’ve been using [email protected]
@Neemer ... I sent an email to the person on my window sticker asking a specific question concerning our coach as part of us learning the systems and received an email response back about 24 hours later with the answer. Since this was not a "stranded on the shoulder" type of question I considered it in the good response time window. That is my only experience so far. I think the key is sending the email to a targeted person/department.

FLSteve (y)

I, too, spent a week in Moscow Iowa for AA at HWH. Everyone should spend a week camped out in the HWH factory in Moscow.😝😝😝
20190610_184518.jpg

Yup, fun times.

BTW, @Rich W , your companion looks like ours.
Resized_20201210_144207 (1) (1).jpeg

Latest resources

Back