Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Anyone willing to share their 9mm Luger ammo hoard?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well I feel like I hit the Daily Double. Not only was I able to buy four 50 round boxes of 9mm at a local gun store, I only had to pay $22.46 per box. That might seem high priced but by today’s standards that’s cheap.

Just when some ammo began showing up at my local gun store January 6th rolls around and BAM no more ammo again.

136769947_3619051891463656_7343897073506513854_o.jpg

The ammo shortage is probably effecting parts of the country differently. Every retail establishment I go to down here in Florida, that sells ammo, I always take a minute and check for .38, 9mm, and 16 gauge shotgun. None available for the past 2 months in central Florida that I have stumbled across. Talked to a buddy from costal Alabama yesterday and he just purchased a new 9mm CC handgun plus 200 rounds.....no problem.

Just speculation! With story.

Went into Big5 the other day after being told they may have ammo. Waited at the counter for a long time, then the manager came up so I asked him about my needs(no I won't shoot anyone). He told me when the next shipment would be. He also told me to be at the front of the line, so I might want to bring a tent. Further he volunteered that the same people were at the front of the line every time they had a delivery.

Now the speculation; Are the same people from BLM?

The ammo shortage is probably effecting parts of the country differently. Every retail establishment I go to down here in Florida, that sells ammo, I always take a minute and check for .38, 9mm, and 16 gauge shotgun. None available for the past 2 months in central Florida that I have stumbled across. Talked to a buddy from costal Alabama yesterday and he just purchased a new 9mm CC handgun plus 200 rounds.....no problem.
My local go to shop in Central Florida was able to accommodate a purchase of a new S&W 9mm and one box of ammo yesterday for the DW. They didn't have the exact model we were looking for but we got one that is desirable and popular. For our 380 and 38 ammo request the stores cupboard was bare and no relief in sight. No doubt the uptick in gun sales over the past few months is affecting supply for many reasons. I heard that in Jan. 2021 there was an 80% increase nationwide in sales over last year same time.

I've got about 6000 rounds of 9mm. Sounds like a lot but all my hand guns (except the revolvers) are 9mm. I even have a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 rifle that shoots 9mm. I have a 50 round drum for that one so it shoots them FAST!!! :LOL:
They would put you under the jail and throw away the key in NY. I long to live in an American state. Now I know how foreigners feel who want to legally come here. Arrrgghhhh!!!

9mm ammo available now at Midway USA (I have no financial interest in this business):

Fortunately, I have a good supply of .40 S&W because that is completely out of stock.

TJ

9mm ammo available now at Midway USA (I have no financial interest in this business):

Fortunately, I have a good supply of .40 S&W because that is completely out of stock.

TJ
108 grain? Seems like a light load for self defense. But I guess the hollow point makes up for it. :giggle:

Latest resources

Back