• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

snowfamily27

RVF Newbee
Hello All,

I am a newbie to the RV scene!

I am a construction manager in Arizona, and most of my life has been spent in the hot and dry desert climate. I have a 27 month construction project starting in a few months up in Flagstaff area (almost 7000'). My team is planning to live in trailers at the jobsite, which will definitely get to below freezing in the winters, and even below zero on rare occasions.

This is my first time buying an RV, and I want to make sure I make a good decision on the purchase since I will need it to work for the 27 month project. I have been looking at the Arctic Wolf 3550Suite. I've read user reviews saying that these RVs shouldn't have the word Arctic in the name since they don't work below freezing. I thought I saw somewhere that the arctic wolf units had heated holding tanks, but now all I see is that it's a heated underbelly. Is having the heated holding tanks 100% necessary if it gets below freezing?

I am hoping someone on this forum has some experience with full time winter living in a 5th wheel to let me know what to look for.

Is the Arctic Wolf line something that I could get by with, or will I be battling the cold all winter? I have read a lot about winterization, so regardless, I will be following all of those recommendations. I think it gets pretty windy up there, so I will probably be skirting the trailer full time in the winters.

Please provide recommendations for other trailers that may work better that are in the 50-60k OTD range. The new 2022 Arctic Wolf 3550suite that I am looking at is around 45k sale price.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Matt

Latest resources

Back