Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LSG

RVF Regular
We have held off making any reservations for what was to be a three plus month cross country trip. The wife’s now got the covid jitters. Oregon’s about to shut down a number of things again so are many other states.

what are most of you thinking.

We aren’t changing anything. Changes may be forced upon us, but we are going to continue moving forward until that happens.

Our plan remains the same, Dec/Jan in Florida before heading west in Feb. Will see what happens and change if necessary.

We have a reservation for J/F/M in Apache Junction, AZ. I've been trying so hard to convince my wife we might get stuck in Michigan due to a shutdown, that we need to leave NOW. Our site with the reservation is open, ready and waiting. She has dug in hard and I don't know why. At first, it was for seeing family and so on. Now, we can't safely do that, so why stay? Then there's her 90 year old mother in poor health, but she's been in poor health for the last 10+ years. Even our children (one an ER RN at a local hospital) say to us LEAVE...NOW. No budge, so I wait. I can assure you I will be a violator if there is a stay a home order. Boondocking our way down, pay at the pump, no restaurants, no motels, no bathrooms, no contact.

I gota tell ya! At first I was concerned about covid with good reason (almost a year ago). But what we are seeing now is just to convenient, and happened with high dose flu vax. With the similar symptoms and a faulty test, I'm thinking it is a control thing and to make the Trump look bad. I am doing like I have been, just don't believe the numbers.

My plans don't change based on the media or government.

Nope

I'm not changing plans unless I can't get somewhere due to some law. I think if you look at the increase based on total population stats it's negligible as usual. There is a part of this puzzle the media never seems to tell us and that's a positive test vs. someone with actual symptoms or hospitalizations. We don't even know the false positive rate of these tests as just Friday Elon Musk tested positive and negative which is good, he finally raised this very issue.

Like Trump or not he's brought the media into the spotlight in what we can trust or not. I don't watch the news anymore, their information serves me no purpose. I'll get what I need from the Internet, peers, wherever and take it with a grain of salt.

So again, NO. And with the weather making change of venue i.e. outdoors vs. indoors AND this is the start of illnesses such as bronchitis, flu, etc. it's natural for illness to increase, I believe. I'm no doctor or surgeon general, just applying a little common sense.

We're not changing plans. Quartzsite and Phoenix area in January, Louisiana in March.

Latest resources

Back