• Commercial/Vendors welcome

AT&T prepaid 55/mo 100 GB

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The MaxTransit BR1 Pro 5G is the absolute best money I have ever spent on a cell modem and I’ve had a WiFi Ranger SkyPro LTE, MoFi 4500 and Pepwave Max Transit Duo. None of them came even close to the performance of the MaxTransit BR1 Pro 5G.

I bought @Neal’s old MaxTransit CAT-18 off of him and it is also a strong performer and I use that as my failover, but the BR1 Pro 5G consistently beats it by more than 50% faster speeds.

The internet in my RV is faster than the FiOS internet I had in my house. Bananas.

Pepwave MaxTransit BR1 Pro 5G:Cellular Modems::AT&T Mobley Plan:Cellular Data Plans

Get it.

I put the AT&T 5G Prepaid SIM into my 5G Pepwave. As @sheridany experienced the APN wanted to use fast.t-mobile.net or whatever it was which prevented it from connecting. I changed the APN from AUTO to CUSTOM and left it blank. It connected now and works fine. I then tried using other APN's I found from "phone" "nxtgenphone" "broadband" all of which worked and made no difference. I decided to leave it set to "broadband", I checked my CAT 18 pepwave to see what it's using for the AT&T Mobley plan and it is auto set to "broadband" as well. I caution setting a PHONE value as we don't want these plans thinking they're being used in a phone. Here is a support article from AT&T I found hence why I'm using "broadband".

It was nice to see my Verizon prepaid unlimited plan connected as 5G when I arrived at my coach with 170 MB download speeds. I wasn't sure if the Verizon plan included 5G, glad to see it does.

@ARD put her newly acquired AT&T 5G Prepaid SIM in her new BR1 Pro 5G Pepwave and no action was required, it connected just fine and shows good speeds in her remote location which is nice. Not sure why hers didn't require interaction like mine. My SIM card is white, hers is a gray/blue but I don't think the colors mean anything from what I can tell. Her cell rep mentioned something about hers being a prepaid sim card and mine was postpaid, from what I can tell the white is universal. Again, no evidence that sim color means anything but hers worked with no adjustments needed.

Hate to break it to you @Neal. AT&T likes her better. It’s the shiny new coach thing. Get your order in now.

Latest resources

Back