AT&T prepaid 55/mo 100 GB

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Can I put this in my Wi-Fi Ranger?
Go to that form and enter the IMEI and see if it gets to the next page. It does some sort of IMEI check on the first page. If you need a SIM ICCID just to make the first page happy, try this 89014104272133835673.

Last edited:
Last time I had this it configured automatically. I'm not a fan of setting any of the network related items in the cellular/details area, I think people can end up putting something wrong in there. I would highly recommend clearing out those values and rebooting and see what happens as the network and device should handle that automatically from what I've seen. I personally will not be setting anything UNLESS my Sim doesn't connect which was not a problem last time I did this nor with any sim I've ever used in a Pepwave. (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile)
That was the issue it would not connect on its own and the default apn was “tmobile”. I searched the internet and by changing the apn it connected. I am curious to see what happens when you boot up the router with default settings.

edit: I don’t have the 5g router so that may be different.

Last edited:
@WiFiRanger can probably answer this for the devices that have SIM's. My guess is they are partnered to have their own plans, I'm not sure any SIM works in the SIM supported WiFi rangers.

Actually, any AT&T or T-Mobile "data only" (hotspot) SIM should work in Rangers with cellular modems. Yes, we also offer AT&T FreedomGo plans from our parent company Winegard, but there is no requirement to use them.

I had a WiFi ranger a while back and I thought they only connect to WiFi. I could be wrong on this. Now if have a hotspot you could potentially put the sim into the hotspot (check first for compatibility) and connect the hotspot to the WiFi ranger and then stream away. @docj can elaborate better than I can as I haven’t used WiFi ranger in a long time.

All WiFiRangers can provide WiFi connectivity. Some Rangers are equipped with cellular modems. On some Rangers that lack modems, they can be easily added.

I put the AT&T 5G Prepaid SIM into my 5G Pepwave. As @sheridany experienced the APN wanted to use fast.t-mobile.net or whatever it was which prevented it from connecting. I changed the APN from AUTO to CUSTOM and left it blank. It connected now and works fine. I then tried using other APN's I found from "phone" "nxtgenphone" "broadband" all of which worked and made no difference. I decided to leave it set to "broadband", I checked my CAT 18 pepwave to see what it's using for the AT&T Mobley plan and it is auto set to "broadband" as well. I caution setting a PHONE value as we don't want these plans thinking they're being used in a phone. Here is a support article from AT&T I found hence why I'm using "broadband".

It was nice to see my Verizon prepaid unlimited plan connected as 5G when I arrived at my coach with 170 MB download speeds. I wasn't sure if the Verizon plan included 5G, glad to see it does.

@Neal Stop SPENDING my money. Hello 5g store. Can you ship me the 5g pepwave router please.

This one?

Awesome!

We are using this plan with our Pepwave.
Works well and happy with the plan as part of our internet setup.
We just purchased our Full Time RV & Boat internet access bundle from "Mobil Must Have" with the pepwave router and external antenna, can't wait to get it and set it all up. Great reviews so that's all I'm going on right now....

Latest resources

Back