Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Now that I have a 5G router I'm going to give this another try.

In store 1:40 PM
Agent 1:53 PM. Knew exactly what I wanted. Sim only data plan, no hot spot device.
Out store 2:03 PM

Awesome!

We are using this plan with our Pepwave.
Works well and happy with the plan as part of our internet setup.

I was looking for that option but didn't see it.

Get an AT&T prepaid SIM from your local Walmart, Walgreens etc or from Amazon and activate it here. I think the SIM just needs to start with 89014.

I haven't done it myself but I've seen several reports of people doing that successfully. I did mine in a store because the form didn't accept my IMEI about six months ago but it does now. I've been as far as the next page which gives you a choice of plans, one of which is the $55 hotspot / router plan.

Last edited:
Have the same sim. Works great for me. Be aware you have to configure it to connect.

Thread 'AT&T'
AT&T

Now that I have a 5G router I'm going to give this another try.

In store 1:40 PM
Agent 1:53 PM. Knew exactly what I wanted. Sim only data plan, no hot spot device.
Out store 2:03 PM

Can I put this in my Wi-Fi Ranger?

I had a WiFi ranger a while back and I thought they only connect to WiFi. I could be wrong on this. Now if have a hotspot you could potentially put the sim into the hotspot (check first for compatibility) and connect the hotspot to the WiFi ranger and then stream away. @docj can elaborate better than I can as I haven’t used WiFi ranger in a long time.

Have the same sim. Works great for me. Be aware you have to configure it to connect.

Thread 'AT&T'
AT&T

Last time I had this it configured automatically. I'm not a fan of setting any of the network related items in the cellular/details area, I think people can end up putting something wrong in there. I would highly recommend clearing out those values and rebooting and see what happens as the network and device should handle that automatically from what I've seen. I personally will not be setting anything UNLESS my Sim doesn't connect which was not a problem last time I did this nor with any sim I've ever used in a Pepwave. (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile)

Can I put this in my Wi-Fi Ranger?

@WiFiRanger can probably answer this for the devices that have SIM's. My guess is they are partnered to have their own plans, I'm not sure any SIM works in the SIM supported WiFi rangers.

Latest resources

Back