Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Came back from a long dog walk to find a pool under my coach and water gushing out the overflow and thankfully not bays, door, windows! Autofill display showed "Ready" and not filling yet it was obviously still filling. It did start a filling cycle before I left for the dog walk. Something didn't turn all the way off it appears. I turned off city water and it stopped. I then turned on manual fill, then off after turning on city water again, and also turned on autofill again and no flow. I'll definitely be watching this and carefully using autofill going forward. We've all heard stories and recommendations about turning off water when we leave which none of us do. But I think autofill may be a less "auto" process going forward. Turning it off when I'm not in the coach.

Anyone seen this? Just a sticking valve or what do you think happened?

Maybe the “full” sensor had a bad moment?

Has not happened to me….but I probably dont use it enough.

Anyone seen this? Just a sticking valve or what do you think happened?

I bet the valve is stuck. Gunk from various water sources finally got it.

I bet the valve is stuck. Gunk from various water sources finally got it.
Was thinking the same and wondering how to clean it and wherever that critter is. May even be worthy of replacing. Hard water and whatever can't be good for it.

Anyone know the location of the autofill valve?

There appears to be an electrical device directly behind the water hose reel. Not sure if that's it.

Anyone know the location of the autofill valve?

There appears to be an electrical device directly behind the water hose reel. Not sure if that's it.
That's it. I will post a picture
Screenshot_20221022-144017_Chrome.jpg

Autofill is stuck open. Not a big deal but will have to fill manually and turn off water. I can't figure out if there is a fuse related to this. I tried cycling salesman switch with no luck. I beat on it, no luck. I can reach in there, although a spider was protecting it, and nothing. I emailed Newmar parts yesterday to a part quote, guessing it's just dead and failed open. I guess better than the alternative.

If anyone knows if there is a related fuse for Autofill or any tips I can look into please let me know.

Found it in Newpar/Com_Net - part number 98606 for $262.50

8210G009MB-12DC

Perfect - thanks!

Latest resources

Back