Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
…although this time it’s not so bad and I’m leaving for the Mothership tomorrow. They‘re pretty good at blending panels (and I am not!) but I couldn’t drive it across the country that way and I happen to have the Axalta base-coat color (Dark Fawn) in stock (still not ready to discuss why). Another coat of base, then clear, then we’ll see. Doubt I’ll sand or polish before I get an opinion from Newmar. For now it’s a bandaid. Fun times….
IMG_1937.jpegIMG_1939.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a skill for sure. I like your approach though. I've got a few spots that I'm going to have to do something similar someday. I'll be our stories are similar but we'll never know :cool:

Consider yourselves initiated into the club. I did that year number two, so you are right on time.
😂

Consider yourselves initiated into the club. I did that year number two, so you are right on time.
😂
Believe me it ain't my first

Believe me it ain't my first
What day are you getting to the Mothership? We are here till Thursday morning based in current estimates.

What day are you getting to the Mothership? We are here till Thursday morning based in current estimates.
We will arrive next Sunday and then be there for a week. Then off to HWH in Moscow the following Monday for an Active Air check up. Then a leisurely drive back west making a vacation out of the whole process. We were scheduled for November but were on the cancelation list and got lucky. So we don’t have to worry about snow, which in all my other vehicles is just fine, but is not much fun in a DP.

…although this time it’s not so bad and I’m leaving for the Mothership tomorrow. They‘re pretty good at blending panels (and I am not!) but I couldn’t drive it across the country that way and I happen to have the Axalta base-coat color (Dark Fawn) in stock (still not ready to discuss why). Another coat of base, then clear, then we’ll see. Doubt I’ll sand or polish before I get an opinion from Newmar. For now it’s a bandaid. Fun times….
View attachment 20716View attachment 20717
Rich,

It took me almost six years, but I’m leaving for the Mothership this Friday to have two bays cut out and replaced and two doors replaced, along with some minor fiberglass repairs on the wheel well panel. Tree stump 1, Bay Star 0.

Best of luck and safe travels.

Attachments

• IMG_6882.jpeg
    IMG_6882.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Rich,

It took me almost six years, but I’m leaving for the Mothership this Friday to have two bays cut out and replaced and two doors replaced, along with some minor fiberglass repairs on the wheel well panel. Tree stump 1, Bay Star 0.

Best of luck and safe travels.
I’m a week behind due to engine troubles (stuck in Sidney NE) so I will completely miss my appointment and today they said they are closed all next week for the Missouri club rally so I guess I’ll give up on the Mothership this year. Still need to make it to HWH for some adjustments - auto hydraulic level has gone wonky. That will be a week from today then I guess we’ll turn around and head west.

I’m a week behind due to engine troubles (stuck in Sidney NE) so I will completely miss my appointment and today they said they are closed all next week for the Missouri club rally so I guess I’ll give up on the Mothership this year. Still need to make it to HWH for some adjustments - auto hydraulic level has gone wonky. That will be a week from today then I guess we’ll turn around and head west.
Sorry to hear of the mechanical woes. Hopefully the rest of your fall travels are less “eventful”!

Rich, what kind of engine troubles grounded you for so long? What a bummer.

Latest resources

Back