• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Autoformer Set up

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yes @TJ&LadyDi I personally would prefer to have the autformer in the electric bay with a locked door connected to the extension cord to protect it from theft and weather even if it is not secured to the wall or the floor.

Oh, and I just ordered one of these...

Amazon.com: Rugged Tools Cable Bag - Jumper Cable Bag - Storage & Organizer for Cables, Cords, and Hoses Including EV Charging Cables for Electric Vehicles - Tesla, Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt: Home Improvement

...for my heavy duty jumper cable set (20' w/2AWG conductors). It just occurred to me that my extension cord might fit in one as well. If I find that it does, I'll order another one. Cable bags make it easy to carry and store wires and cables. I have used them for years to carry coaxial cable for portable ham radio activities.

TJ
Good news! The Rugged Tools cable bag arrived today and, with a little careful coiling, our 30' Camco RV extension cord fit. It was a snug fit but with no undue pressure on the Zippers. I don't know if other brands of extension cords will fit; the Camco cord is pretty supple and coils nicely as long as you allow it not to get twisted. Stiffer cords could be a problem.

I put the female connector end in the open case and made a full coil around the interior perimeter of the bag, spiraling succeeding coils inward. When I was unable to coil any smaller, I reversed the process on top of the first set of coils. It took three stacks of coils and a little bit more, but it turned out to be a perfect fit.

Photos added below.

Cable case - 1.JPG

Cable case -2.JPG

The newly-cased extension cord is now stowed back in the belly of the beast, in an easy-to-carry bag that also protects the cable and connectors from dings. Now, I have to order another one for the jumper cables the first one was intended for. Looks like I'm even good at spending my own money.

TJ

Last edited:
Photos added to my post regarding the Rugged Tools cable bag (above).

TJ

Yes @TJ&LadyDi I personally would prefer to have the autformer in the electric bay with a locked door connected to the extension cord to protect it from theft and weather even if it is not secured to the wall or the floor.
I have bothe the autoformer and the Watchdog in the locked electrical bay.

Latest resources

Back