RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Baystar
RV Length
Fulltimer
Yes
We just purchased a new Bay Star. It's nice but we have some issues. Low water pressure at the kitchen sink
and a loose wire on the awning. I have to watch the awning carefully when I extend or retract it. I tried to put the wire back
where it came loose on the plastic shield but it just comes right off. (they used velcro) The earliest service appointment is June.
Just wondering if anyone had the same issue and what the fix might be. One other important issue. We noticed that when
the drivers seat is lowered, it can crimp the wiring underneath and cause a short. Luckily I caught it in time and I'm skilled
with electrical.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 30
Yes on kitchen low water pressure. On my punch list for the one year service. Several others have experienced this also.

We went to Nappanee, Indiana for Newmar factory service. For the water pressure issue in the kitchen, they replaced the faucet. That
helped with that issue. We also changed the water filter to the RV and that helped too. They clog up fast. Looks like during the
manufacture process the kitchen faucet cartridge became clogged with debris. We had a hydraulic leak in the left front leveling jack.
They said they fixed that but it is still leaking. We still have issues with the left turn signal camera being delayed by about 14 seconds,
and we have a issue with the RV...the Service Advance Trac warning light comes on and disables the cruise control. Newmar has
lost many points with me.

I have the same issue with the led wire on the awning, 3M VHB tape seems to hold well vs the velcro. Still trying to find a permanent solution.

The issue with the kitchen faucet low flow is the faucet design. Newmar sent me a replacement and the change was insignificant. Seems like the solution is a residential faucet from one of the big manufacturers.

I also have the delay issue with the turn signal cameras. My dealer spent about 15 hours with Newmar factory techs trying to resolve with no luck. A case has been opened and engneering is involved, still no resolution. I am in the process of engineering my own solution via a custom timer circuit as I suspect the problem is the rise/fall rate of the signal to monitor (Newmar supplied), which I also replaced prior to the dealer and Newmar working directly on the fix.

I had 2 incidents with the advance trac warning, both in a high crosswind that required significant long term counter steering. A key off restart cleared the light both times, this was many thousands of miles ago.

I have a 2021 3401 which I took delivery of in July 2020 currently with 10,000 miles on the clock and about 140 nights out.

I have the same issue with the led wire on the awning, 3M VHB tape seems to hold well vs the velcro. Still trying to find a permanent solution.

The issue with the kitchen faucet low flow is the faucet design. Newmar sent me a replacement and the change was insignificant. Seems like the solution is a residential faucet from one of the big manufacturers.

I also have the delay issue with the turn signal cameras. My dealer spent about 15 hours with Newmar factory techs trying to resolve with no luck. A case has been opened and engneering is involved, still no resolution. I am in the process of engineering my own solution via a custom timer circuit as I suspect the problem is the rise/fall rate of the signal to monitor (Newmar supplied), which I also replaced prior to the dealer and Newmar working directly on the fix.

I had 2 incidents with the advance trac warning, both in a high crosswind that required significant long term counter steering. A key off restart cleared the light both times, this was many thousands of miles ago.

I have a 2021 3401 which I took delivery of in July 2020 currently with 10,000 miles on the clock and about 140 nights out.
I'm in Rapid City and will try to get to a Newmar service center in Billings...if I can get in. My left front jack is still leaking, the advance trac warning will come on after about an
hour of driving, so I'll have them check that too. I did change the house water filter and that helped the pressure. I bought this new in January and am careful of where we
get water...nevertheless the filter was pretty clogged. Here's another issue...the Ford recall of the chassis. Evidently some of these chassis have low rear axel fluid. Well,
I have over 8,000 miles on mine and have had no issues...so I guess it would be good to have a mechanic check that level before we head to Billings. My chassis was build
in August of 2020 and is on the recall list. Ford is afraid that the rear bearings could freeze up and cause a lot of issues. Check yours just to be sure.
I was told at Newmar that the awning wire could not be addressed because they did not install the awning light. Well, who did? The dealer didn't. Go figure. I'll try
the 3 M tape...my velcro is still holding. LOL Please keep me posted. Overall we like the Newmar...just a few headaches. I guess that's normal.

I'm in Rapid City and will try to get to a Newmar service center in Billings...if I can get in. My left front jack is still leaking, the advance trac warning will come on after about an
hour of driving, so I'll have them check that too. I did change the house water filter and that helped the pressure. I bought this new in January and am careful of where we
get water...nevertheless the filter was pretty clogged. Here's another issue...the Ford recall of the chassis. Evidently some of these chassis have low rear axel fluid. Well,
I have over 8,000 miles on mine and have had no issues...so I guess it would be good to have a mechanic check that level before we head to Billings. My chassis was build
in August of 2020 and is on the recall list. Ford is afraid that the rear bearings could freeze up and cause a lot of issues. Check yours just to be sure.
I was told at Newmar that the awning wire could not be addressed because they did not install the awning light. Well, who did? The dealer didn't. Go figure. I'll try
the 3 M tape...my velcro is still holding. LOL Please keep me posted. Overall we like the Newmar...just a few headaches. I guess that's normal.
I also did change the water filter, checked also when dewinterizing without the filter no improvement either way.
I guess the awning wire is a Carefree issue their tech support is good so that may be the goto for this issue.
My chassis has a build date of 2/2020 prior to the recall. I did have a weeping pinion seal on the rear end, the fluid level was topped off as part of that repair when the dealer had it a the end of last season. My Newmar dealer has a good relationship with the Ford dealer a mile away they handled transporting the coach to and from while they had it for some warranty work. Had them install the new style plug wires 7 open up the baffle as well when it was there.

Latest resources

Back