Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
I went to retract my awnings before going back inside (I never leave them extended unless someone is out there to retract them if the wind suddenly picks up as I have zero trust in the wind sensors). I hit the remote and watched them retract and it seems they aren’t retracting flush anymore. I extended them again and retracted them, wondering if it was just a fluke but got the same result. I haven’t extended them again for fear of damaging something or making it worse. It’s a calm day and I was out with them the entire time. There was the occasional breeze that made them wobble a bit but nothing that should bend anything.
D6AEA8A0-359C-44FE-AF0D-80FFFBC0AFC8.jpeg

40F23065-8A87-40D1-BB17-8AB0F21AA352.jpeg

9BC7193C-04B3-4E68-8EB5-1722C16E3E84.jpeg

The backend of the rear awning appears to still retract flush. The front of the rear awning however appears to be not quite flush.
32342AA1-CFE5-4923-91DA-50C916C7B88B.jpeg

I plan to climb on the roof and see how much the difference is but thought I’d ask if this is a thing others have encountered and whether or not its an easy fix.

I had the same problem. At the in Perry GA Rally, Girrard awnings had a booth. I talked to them, and they sent two guys that fixed them in few minutes. There are adjustments on the microswitches that are adjusted with a 6” long plastic hex tool that comes with the coach. But you have to know what are you doing.

As the material stretches they will effect the alignment. There is an adjustment and you should have gotten a plastic Allen head tool to use. Complete instruction in the manual but I attached pertinent page. Only concern is make sure you don’t over adjust which will allow motor to continue to run. Easy enough to do after I watched them do mine at Girard service center.

I can take a picture of tool if needed.

Attachments

• 0AD8D8F6-1574-49D5-8E65-7A057C9E0163.png
    0AD8D8F6-1574-49D5-8E65-7A057C9E0163.png
    1 MB · Views: 28
I got the tool. Time for some reading. Thanks for the heads up y’all. I was getting all worried for no reason.

Fixed! Thanks @NWIP and @Buly. Was super simple. Just a couple turns of an Allen wrench.

Latest resources

Back