• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Battery Isolation Manager (BIM) location

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Interesting note. It appears that the BIM does essentially the same routine as the B.I.R.D/relay combination. Curious if the B.I.R.D/relay combination can be replaced with a BIM without ill effect?

Jumping on am older thread, but I'm having issues with my 2020 Kountry Star chassis batteries not charging while on shore power. I have both a bim and the intellitec BIRD, which seems redundant but the coach came with them so I'm not sure where the problem might be.

Jumping on am older thread, but I'm having issues with my 2020 Kountry Star chassis batteries not charging while on shore power. I have both a bim and the intellitec BIRD, which seems redundant but the coach came with them so I'm not sure where the problem might be.
I'm battling the same issue. Have you found a resolution?

I'm battling the same issue. Have you found a resolution?
Newmar had mis-wired the BIM 225 coach and chassis cables. I was able to pull enough slack in the two cables to put them on the right terminals. I think others have had to flip the BIM upside down in order to get the cables to the correct terminals.

Newmar had mis-wired the BIM 225 coach and chassis cables. I was able to pull enough slack in the two cables to put them on the right terminals. I think others have had to flip the BIM upside down in order to get the cables to the correct terminals.
How did you know it was wired incorrectly?

The chassis battery wasn't charging when we were on shore power and were running down. I did a voltage check on the house batteries and the chassis batteries with a multimeter and then checked the voltages at the two leads going to the BIM to confirm which was which. Since I've swapped them, the chassis batteries have been charging correctly.
Of note, I found this problem while swapping out our FLA coach batteries with lithium, so I initially thought I screwed something up.

The chassis battery wasn't charging when we were on shore power and were running down. I did a voltage check on the house batteries and the chassis batteries with a multimeter and then checked the voltages at the two leads going to the BIM to confirm which was which. Since I've swapped them, the chassis batteries have been charging correctly.
Of note, I found this problem while swapping out our FLA coach batteries with lithium, so I initially thought I screwed something up.
I need to check my system as the chassis batteries never charge when on shore power, just when driving.

Getting ready to upgrade to lithium using the same old-to-new setup. Am I correct in assuming that there was sufficient slack in the battery cables to make the connections to the new BIM? I have a 2019 DS.
The BIMs are exactly the same size and external layout. The wires and cables should be easy to swap one for one, although as I indicated, my coach and chassis leads needed to be reversed. Yours may be fine as wired.

Latest resources

Back