• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Been trying to lose some weight

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I used an app called Noom to track and help lose 35 pounds last fall.
I'll have to check it out. I have a fit bit watch that I used religiously the last time I took on this effort. It worked great but this time around, I took a different approach and mentally monitored my intake. Also I exercise more by doing bunch of little things every day. For instance, instead parking next to the store entrance, I park on the far end of the parking lot. Just a whole bunch of little things like that every day.

I'm loosing about 2lbs a week, so I'm not unhappy.

Jim, there is a little boutique CG in TN I have patronized a few times over the years. The first time I stayed there, the ownership had just changed and I established a pretty good relationship with the new owners. They were from somewhere in the Northeast and this was their dream.

Fast forward a year or so to the next time I stayed there...

The gentleman owner was nearly unrecognizable as he had dropped about 40 lbs. All from the activity associated with maintaining his park.

I'll have to check it out. I have a fit bit watch that I used religiously the last time I took on this effort. It worked great but this time around, I took a different approach and mentally monitored my intake. Also I exercise more by doing bunch of little things every day. For instance, instead parking next to the store entrance, I park on the far end of the parking lot. Just a whole bunch of little things like that every day.

I'm loosing about 2lbs a week, so I'm not unhappy.
2 pounds per week is really good. Keep up the great work!!!

I have been about 220 for 20 years. No matter what I did, I stayed the same.
My wife recently got diagnosed with mild diabetes. So she had to start eating different.
Basically, we no longer have potatoes, or frozen meals. We eat quite a bit of steak, with a lot of green vegies.
We usually have a ice cream after supper.
Also, because of the plandemic and me not wanting to go where I am not welcomed without a mask, I have really cut down on Cokes, not to mention that I am pissed about Coke and their
anti-white "training".
Anyway, We are actually having VERY good meals, without much difference in cost and I have lost about 20 pounds in the last 4 months with no other changes in my life style.
I do not exercise, although I am considered very healthy of being 68.
And I work at my parts store 50 to 60 hours a week.

@DHudson and have you lost any weight?

FFA5F975-E2B1-45AA-A5AF-486D3FD53534.jpeg

I have managed to loose about 40 pounds. All I did was start watching carbs and sugars since my doctor said my A1c was 11.7 and glucose was 383............

I have managed to loose about 40 pounds. All I did was start watching carbs and sugars since my doctor said my A1c was 11.7 and glucose was 383............
Yah I did to, all I did was get real sick. Some times it is better to carry a little extra weight so you can make it if you get sick.

I feel better than I have for a while. If I squat down I can stand up a lot easier too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back