• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Been trying to lose some weight

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Check the thread @Jim has going regarding a new RV park; I doubt seriously that he is “sedentary.” :ROFLMAO:

TJ
Haha, thinking back, when I said Trish and I were going to build a small RV park, I doubt many realized that I actually meant, "Trish & I" were going to build it. lol So yeah, a lot of work and a whole lot of exercise.

But here I am, about 2.5 months after starting this self improvement campaign and today I clocked in at 221. So yes, it's working, but still a long ways to go. :)

The best thing is lifestyle change.Eatless, move more, forever. Yes chocolate cake is fine - a small piece, maybe two to three times a year. Thank God I lost 44 pounds. I found 15-17 and stayed there.
One mile is about 100 calories. One pound is 3500 calories. Therefore you can almost calculate your overall loss based on your adjustments. So, eat 200 calories less each day, and walk a mile a day. And on the average over the long term you will lose one pound every 32 days. You will hit plateaus on occasion. Keep going. The numbers usually work.

1/2 of the plate should be vegetables, meat 4-6 oz only.

I realize not everyone can exercise vigorously, but this an provide guidelines.

Well, if you like pineapple and salsa anyway. So I've been putting that on the top of my fried egg and what a difference. Still no more calories but it really spiced up the ol egg.
What is it with this forum and pineapple? Anyway, as long as you don’t put it on pizza...
May I suggest if you want to drop some pounds; along with the change of diet if you throw in any kind of aerobic exercise you will drop them a lot quicker.
This. Aerobics kills excess weight fast. Bad knees? Spin. Bad back? Swim. Bad shoulders? Jog or speed walk. Bad attitude? Run. Anything to keep that heart rate up - for at least 30 minutes at a time. Start slow and build. You aren’t trying to jack your heart rate through the roof, just elevate it and keep it elevated for 30 minutes or more. As you drop weight and strengthen your heart and lung muscles, you’ll be able to tolerate higher rates and longer periods.
Check the thread @Jim has going regarding building a new RV park; I doubt seriously that he is “sedentary.” :ROFLMAO:
If that dude is sedentary, I’m traveling backwards in time.

Last edited:
Guys,
If you diet without exercising, you will have LEAN FLAB
If you exercise without dieting, you will develop HARD FAT
I have proven it :rolleyes:

So here's another of my "diet friendly" favorites. I was introduced to the "Lockhart Wrap" by my good friend, Rob Lockhart. Hence the name, lol.

Anyhow, you will need the following:
  • Spicy humus
  • Boars head blackened turkey breast
  • Boars head Jalapeno Havarti
  • Orange habanero
  • Red delicious apple
  • Cucumber
  • Orange bell pepper
  • Drizzle of Carolina reaper mustard sauce
  • Single leaf of Romaine Lettuce
Take a large flower tortilla shell and apply a liberal amount of spicy humus. Then lay on a few slices of blackened turkey breast and cover that with a single leaf of Romaine Lettice. (or visa verse) A couple of slices of Jalapeno Havarti cheese and a slice or two of Orange Habanero. Now a couple slices of Red Delicious apple, along with a couple slices of cucumber, and a couple slices of Orange Bell Pepper. And then, a "drizzle of "Time's Up Reaper Hot Sauce", as in the picture below! The amount of Reaper Sauce you use will determine which level of the insanity chart you belong on. :)

So here is what it looks like in the development stage and then another picture of what it looks like when complete. It looks much better when presented on a china plate with garnish, but hey, we drink wine out of a box over here. lol

DSCN3449.JPG

DSCN3450.JPG

DSCN3452.JPG

Sorry about the blurry second picture but by the time I noticed the picture was blurry, the wrap was gone, so I couldn't retake the picture. But to be honest, the Reaper Mustard Sauce will make just about everything a bit blurry. . . :)

The fear of the pandemic and being intubated got me on the scale and OMG so off I went on a diet. I dropped 50 lbs and counting with another 25 to go. @Neemer mentioned MFP which I have found works really well. Manage what you eat in the right portions (macro nutrients etc ) limit the bad stuff like @AbdRahim says and log EVERYTHING and it works. All the diets that get promoted work to a point but the statistic no one ever talks about is that over 90% of those that achieve weight loss gain it back plus some. The other trick that works for me is weigh in every day just like having an RV GPS to get you where you need to go. :unsure: It's a lifestyle and you have to embrace it.

The fear of the pandemic and being intubated got me on the scale and OMG so off I went on a diet. I dropped 50 lbs and counting with another 25 to go.
It's cool finding all those clothes that you can once again wear. :) Like getting a whole new wardrobe!

It's cool finding all those clothes that you can once again wear. :) Like getting a whole new wardrobe!
Even if they are no longer what you would be caught dead in today. ;)

Pro tip: Don’t throw your fat pants away.

I worked in Memphis down by the river. On M-W-F I would suit up at lunch and go for a 5 mile jog. Some days it was 100° with near 100% humidity.

I lost about 25 pounds and was starting to get in pretty good shape.

One particularly hot day I was feeling pretty distressed by the time I finished my run.

All at once I had an epiphany moment.

I was going to drop dead of a heart attack or heat stroke. My family, friends and co-workers were going to look in my coffin and remark "He looks good".

I never jogged again.

Latest resources

Back