• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Been trying to lose some weight

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Pro tip: Don’t throw your fat pants away.
Actually, i say just the opposite. Donate them to charity. It will give you constant incentive to stick to the new lifestyle. Burn the bridges and commit to the goal!:cool:

B4D7BDD7-C85B-48E2-9C78-C7E1AE80C140.jpeg

Today it's hot. I bought ice cream. Welcome to my cycle.

The pineapple salsa looks awesome. I'm going to have to try making some.

After I got sick 7-8 years ago I was off my feet and work for over a year I um... blossomed (175lbs 28" waist to 195lbs 48"). All the farm work I did the previous 6 years were no longer evident. Anyways when I decided to lose weight as I was gaining my strength back to rebuild my farm, through lots of trial and error I found what worked best for me was not changing my diet. I ate pretty healthy (an ambiguous word that no one seems to agree on but we called it the food pyramid in school) rounded meals anyways.

What I did was learn about calories in vs calories out and I ate about 80% of what I could burn. I made a 80/20 rule for "good/bad" foods (no more than 20% of the calories could be simple carbs or alcohol) I started using a Fitbit (and still do). I also got a Wii fit plus with a balance board for when outside exercise wasn't as conducive. It's amazing how just gaining good balance will burn a ton of calories.

Oh and there's an actually clinical study done on eating cake for breakfast and it's conclusive. Saying no to what's "bad" for you doesn't usually work for the long term happy "dieter". There are other studies I learned about while studying psychology that are very intriguing for those trying to shed some fluff.

I really want to try that salsa on a sausage pizza.

Tell me more about cake for breakfast. Sounds yummy - seven layer chocolate with thick frosting. Yes!!!

Did it about 3-4 yrs ago and restarted the Atkins diet 9 days ago and lost 8.5 lbs already on a 6'2.5" body starting at 248.4 lbs. Meat, fish, shrimp, eggs, salads and increased activity. This diet works for me and will end it at 230.

Tell me more about cake for breakfast. Sounds yummy - seven layer chocolate with thick frosting. Yes!!!
It's true. I'll look up the study. I'm not a student at the moment but I might still have access to their library.

It's basically comes down to psychology, when people try to say no to all "fun" food they tend to accidentally over indulge on their free days. By saying yes to fun food you kinda kill the craving that people naturally have.

I used an app called Noom to track and help lose 35 pounds last fall. Have been able to keep it off by adhering to the lifestyle change liked others have shared. If you're still trying to lose weight I highly recommend the app. It comes with daily coaching and a slew of tools to achieve your goal.

Did it about 3-4 yrs ago and restarted the Atkins diet 9 days ago and lost 8.5 lbs already on a 6'2.5" body starting at 248.4 lbs. Meat, fish, shrimp, eggs, salads and increased activity. This diet works for me and will end it at 230.
Down 12 lbs already. Basically eating meat, eggs and salads. Do miss the bread.... LOL

Latest resources

Back