• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Black Tank Sensor

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just a note. I don't have KIB, and in my Bay Star the sensors are like seeLevel, in that they are on the outside of the tank.

Newbie with a 5th wheel. I don’t boondock, at this time, and I drain my tanks based on a calendar rather than a couple of lights. Sensors worked first trip but not since. I’ve even drained the tanks, gotten a 1/3 full light, put all my hoses & chemicals away to only find each tank showing full.

2022 F. R. Wildcat.

Calgon and dawn - the soap does soap stuff but the calgon softens the water and melts the stuff away. Put a whole small bottle of calgon and maybe a1/2 cup of dawn and fill the tank 1/3 the way to allow sloshing as you drive to your next destination. Dump when you setup at the new site. Works well. Do this to both waste tanks as we know the grey tank can smell pretty bad also.

I have had and still have issues with mine, worked great for about 6 months then the LCD screen locked up and I could do anything. Removed power from monitor and I then got control again but tank was no longer calibrated (tank empty=0%, one flush of toilet=50% but would then take 2 days to get to +75%). I had it looked at in Sep at Newmar Service Center and they said they just did factory reset and recalibrated. I asked for procedure in case it happened again and they said they could provide it to me.

Shortly after leaving Nappanee screen locked up again and removed power from monitor and was back to square one. I just had Newmar techs at Tampa RV Show do factory reset again, thinking I would do the zero/full calibration and be good. Not so much, now it reads zero all the time. I am looking at getting a mobile tech to come out.
Update
I was at Camp Newmar and they worked on my issue where it seemed like I was losing the sensor programming and having to continuously recalibrate.

Newmar confirmed the issue and got KIB involved who changed the interface module (again) and P4 board in main KIB panel, all to no avail. Finally KIB sent an engineer with is laptop and they found they have a glitch in their software which they say is only affecting my coach and no one else’s. Somewhere in the coding I was getting negatives which apparently is bade in the coding and the system would lockup. Engineer was able to change some parameters in my system to prevent this and my system is working perfectly. Whatever the engineer did internally to my system is not locked and if another failure occurs which requires the system to need recalibration I will be back to square one. They advised they will have programmers looking to fix this glitch in the software but since they say my coach is only one they have found to be affected I’m not to optimistic. All of this was covered under warranty😀

Latest resources

Back