• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Black Tank Sensor

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Guess I'm not up on the "Famous Yellow wire." Can you enlighten me?
I believe it’s the one that disables your macerator toilets, due to FULL holding tank...frustratingly when the tank isn’t necessarily FULL.

Yellow wire removes the signal from the KIB control board indicating tank level is full. Removing yellow wire will allow you to flush toilets when tank level is FALSELY indicating full.

KIB control board is located in bay compartment with shore power cord. 2F68923D-CBA3-4363-AD69-D8B7755210A9.jpeg

Guess I'm not up on the "Famous Yellow wire." Can you enlighten me?
So thanks to "@10 Fan" who helped me out way back when (his photo, btw). This board is located to the right above power reel. The orange wire on the right is Toilet 75%. Next one to the left of orange wire is the smaller yellow wire for toilet 100% and you can pull that wire when your tank is falsely reading 100% so you can use your toilet. The next one to the left is the larger yellow wire which will kill the monitor panel. Hope that helps. ?
3D171B5F-4FFA-4F51-BDFB-4A90E16045F0.jpeg

Yellow wire removes the signal from the KIB control board indicating tank level is full. Removing yellow wire will allow you to flush toilets when tank level is FALSELY indicating full.

KIB control board is located in bay compartment with shore power cord.View attachment 4454
LOL. You are FAST, Bill. I was a typing away when you must have posted. ?

Your picture is better?

So thanks to "@10 Fan" who helped me out way back when (his photo, btw). This board is located to the right above power reel. The orange wire on the right is Toilet 75%. Next one to the left of orange wire is the smaller yellow wire for toilet 100% and you can pull that wire when your tank is falsely reading 100% so you can use your toilet. The next one to the left is the larger yellow wire which will kill the monitor panel. Hope that helps. ?
View attachment 4453
ll
LOL. You are FAST, Bill. I was a typing away when you must have posted. ?
Thanks for the photos and explanation. I will keep this handy if I have an issue.

Just emptied my tank and it says 0%. Is this sad that this makes me so happy? ?

View attachment 3723
ARD: I have received this setup from Newmar, but without installation instructions. Would you take a pic of the connection to the existing black pipe showing how it is done? Any info you can provide before I drill a hole is appreciated! Thanks!

ARD: I have received this setup from Newmar, but without installation instructions. Would you take a pic of the connection to the existing black pipe showing how it is done? Any info you can provide before I drill a hole is appreciated! Thanks!
Sorry @Calpop45 that I haven't responded sooner. Been traveling a lot of one nighters. I'll take another photo backing away a little farther so you can see location. I'm sorry I don't have any information on how to do this modification. The techs did tell me that they lowered one side of coach to do the job. I'm guessing they manually dumped the drivers side of coach so it would be a less messy job. ?

August 2021 I had the new pressure sensitive sensor installed on my 2018 Dutch Star. First time out it failed. 50%=100%. I tried recalibration with no luck. Then it quit reading altogether. I shut down all power to the coach. When I turned power back on I had readings but they were inaccurate. Does anyone know where I can start trouble shooting?

When you say it quit working, can you elaborate? Just wondering if your experience is like mine😡

I have had and still have issues with mine, worked great for about 6 months then the LCD screen locked up and I could do anything. Removed power from monitor and I then got control again but tank was no longer calibrated (tank empty=0%, one flush of toilet=50% but would then take 2 days to get to +75%). I had it looked at in Sep at Newmar Service Center and they said they just did factory reset and recalibrated. I asked for procedure in case it happened again and they said they could provide it to me.

Shortly after leaving Nappanee screen locked up again and removed power from monitor and was back to square one. I just had Newmar techs at Tampa RV Show do factory reset again, thinking I would do the zero/full calibration and be good. Not so much, now it reads zero all the time. I am looking at getting a mobile tech to come out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back