Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
You would think with "GPS Time" enabled you wouldn't have to turn the DST on/off but apparently you do. Both of mine were an hour off so I had to go to the firmware settings and turn off DST in the time settings area. I verified by opening the Blackvue app, tapping Cloud (as that's how I can view my video) and go to live view from the toolbar icon (bottom). Check the time it shows in your video. Adjust accordingly.

If anyone knows of a setting that I'm missing to not have to change this when DST changes let me know. A quick google offers various reasons and suggestions such as GPS signal not getting to the device (doubt it, happens on both of mine). I have mine set to GMT -5

@Neal Mine is off 3 hours. Had no clue what to do. Will check your link. Thanks.

@Neal Mine is off 3 hours. Had no clue what to do. Will check your link. Thanks.
You'll need to go into the firmware settings and set the time. Make sure GPS time is ON (enabled) and then set your timezone to GMT -5 and DST OFF. Save and it will reboot.

If I see that GPS time is not working as expected during my travels ahead then I'll change to GMT (UTC) as I don't want my video thrown out in court if I'm using it as evidence and the time is wrong.

I checked my time in Austin and the camera is an hour off. GPS time does not seem to work. I changed the time zone to GMT+0 so it will always be correct in UTC/GMT.

Latest resources

Back