• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Bluefire - share your dash and uses

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have the SilverLeaf system in my 2006 Beaver. How would I benefit from the Bluefire? I have an intermittent check engine light issue but the SilverLeaf shows no issues.

As a follow-up: Since purchasing this device I have been unable to use it. I've had numerous emails with the owner and it seems the 3.22 firmware is bad, so much that it probably kills the device as I have been unable to update it to the newer firmware. I tried everything from factory resetting, etc. with no luck.

I emailed the owner on my last trip a month ago that he should send me a replacement device and a label to return the defective one. His response was that I can pay for the firmware update and send in my device, it will be updated to the newer one and as I have the bad 3.22 firmware I can state that in the return and he'll refund the update fee.

So I sent in the device, I had no other option, paid the trivial $10 fee + $13 shipping to send me the updated device back and I shipped the defective unit back for $17.

I reminded him upon receiving notification of the shipment of the updated device to me he was supposed to refund the order and I suggested he should also refund the shipping both ways. So I got an email of a $10 refund, neither of the shipping charges were refunded or any effort made.

Yes, the $30 is trivial but the customer experience is not and that is what is measured and what I'm reporting here. If you provide a defective product then you step up and do what's right to get your customer a working unit. This is a $230 item of trivial use.

Buyer beware!

Latest resources

Back