• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Bluefire - share your dash and uses

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I started using BF back in 2017 when I had an intermittent air pressure guage to confirm it was not an actual loss of pressure. I have continued using it and this is the latest version of my dash. I try to put additional info not included on the Spartan dash or easier reading of the info.

DD1B32A6-543B-4680-8D18-14D3B39580D8.png

So, question about the Bluefire…

Have heard there are some systems it can interfere with on the newer coaches. May have been the Waco if I remember correctly.

We are picking up a 2022 Superstar 4061 in a couple weeks and would love to set it up. Have the OBD MX+ in our current gas coach and love the additional data.

Any issues with those that have it on the M2 setup?

Already have an iPad mini dedicated to the display side just need the bluefire interface.

Thanks,
Dennis

@DennisT, I ran BF on our 2018 Ventana for 35K miles without any interference to the coach that I noticed/detected.

On out 2022 Super Star 3727, I've only been able to run BF once for about 20 miles...really my beta test for the new coach, new tablet (iPad), new tablet mount and new dash layout. Unfortunately, due to my user error, I wasn't able to use BF on the 1100 mile trip back home after picking up the Super Star.

A couple of things from my 20 mile monthly coach exercise run (and our new puppy's first ride in the coach):
1) Fuel tank configuration. Configured for dual tanks with 50 gallons for primary tank size, the reading with demo data looked good (80 gallons) but with actual data (while driving) showed 40 gallons. Changing primary tank size to 100 gallons resolved the issue, I'm changing the configuration in BF to be a single 100 gallon tank.

2) No primary or secondary air pressure! This surprised me as that was never an issue on the Ventana. I've seen posting from people with older coaches that had issues with air pressure displaying but don't recall seeing that related to newer coaches. I posted this as a bug on the BF Forum and the response from BF support was "Brake pressure has always been a hit or miss proposition. Try playing around with the Performance settings". I will mess with the settings but may be March (our AZ) trip) before I can really check everything out.

I was going to post a question today to see if anyone on the forum was running BF on a Super Star and if yes, then where they getting air pressure? Please post what you experience when you get your Super Star.

On the dash, all the guages worked correctly except as noted above. I don't know, yet, if Regen State is working (this is my let's see what happens guage).

This is my new dash layout (with demo data):
BlueFire Dash iPad 12152022.png

I'm sure I'll tweek the layout some once I've got some miles/seat time with it...I always do.

Safe Travels.
Jay

Attachments

• BlueFire Dash iPad 12152022.png
    BlueFire Dash iPad 12152022.png
    453.5 KB · Views: 8
OMG😱 The adapter manual is 100 pages?

Most of the Getting Started manual is application documentation, not the adapter...and I certainly haven't read all 99 pages!

The BlueFire app itself is free. You can download the app to your IOS, Android or Windows device, play with functions and try building a dash before you actually purchase an adapter.

Users do share their dashes with others.

FYI...I had expected to see an option in the BF store for the Adapter 3.1 upgrade to 4.1C but, per Mark, just use the Adapter firmware update option:

Update the Adapter Firmware

I will be sending mine in but not until after Christmas.

On the road again...ahhhhhh, happy! However, my bluefire did not work. Is it because of the latest update that I need to get? Has anyone mailed their bluefire to have it updated and if so how long does it take? Thanks.

I sent my adapter in for the 4.1C upgrade. Received notification that upgrade was complete within 24 hours of BF receiving my adapter. Adapter was on it's way back to me the next day. I've not yet used the upgraded in the coach. No issues found when I tested it by powering from a PC and connecting to the adapter with BF app on my tablet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back