• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Bourbon trail for RVers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So excellent sipping stuff there just don't be one of those that orders Woodford Reserve and Coke!

So excellent sipping stuff there just don't be one of those that orders Woodford Reserve and Coke!
Over ice with a slight splash of spring water works for me. Seems to open up the flavors. Woodford is one of my regulars along with Hayden and Makers Mark. Right now I’m working my way through a bottle of Heaven Hill. I’ll decant Crown or Chivas as a decoy for visitors that are know to mix their whiskey. They assume its the good stuff if its in a decanter. Same with Scotch.

Oh yeah...the Rum Cask is an attention getter. I haven't tried the double oaked Woodfords Reserve. I think you have some good campfire warmers there.

Angels Envy remains the leader (for me), the other isn't bad. Only small samples for curiousity. I did not light the fireplace as I was breathing fire!

Angels Envy remains the leader (for me), the other isn't bad. Only small samples for curiousity. I did not light the fireplace as I was breathing fire!
Now that's what I'm talking about, breakfast of champions. You're going to have a happy Thanksgiving.

Macallan 15 yo is purportedly King Charles' favorite. That is the one whiskey that burns all the way down to the stomach. I suppose it would be a good thing when it's sub freezing temperatures. Not a Florida friendly spirit.

Angels Envy is smooth and great flavor (to me). The other one was fire...will have to work to acquire the taste on that one. Only did small samples, proven very high octane :) And it was last night but the idea of sampling more before the gathering sure seems like a great idea! :)

If you like Angel's Envy rum cask...you may want to try a sipping rum.

Ron Zacapa Centenario 23yo. This is a Whisky Drinkers Rum. Perfectly aged and smooth. Lots of special notes from the sugar cane.

Don't leave it sitting out for people to mix with coke...agghhhhh!!!

Macallan 15 yo
I’ve become partial to the Macallan 12 yr old variety. No long burn with that one, just good scotch.

Latest resources

Back