• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Brand New CG Adventure

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
When I typed that he "purchased it for us" I guess I made it sound like he just picked it up for the DW and I. He got it for the campground but since I had told him I would be driving around to the dump station soon he figured I would be the first one to try it out.

Took two trips yesterday pulling it with my SUV but it wasn't hard to do at all.

It is anything but boring here at our new CG. Yesterday we finally was able to get out for a visit with one of our kids/grandkids families. Sitting in a driveway spaced apart was a little different but it was great to see everyone.

Upon returning to the CG we found the electricians van. The 40' Tiffin next to us had tried to run all his a/c units and kept blowing breakers (first hot day). Something tripped in the building that no one could seem to figure out, thus a call to the electrician. They decided to abandon the 30amp that went to my coach and my neighbors and run two 50amp services from the gas dock to our coaches.

When I arrived they were just finishing and had plugged me in. My surge protector showed a red/green/green which indicated an open ground. The electrician shut everything down and "redid" a couple things while I began hunting for my testing meter. He finished and plugged me back in but nothing changed and my plug felt hotter than I thought it should. I put my adapter on and plugged back into the regular 30amp pedestal. I never did see how he was wiring these in at the fuel dock. I suspect he put us both on the same 50amp breakers and somehow messed up the ground, but I'm no electrician.

We got by with one a/c last night but today it will be a struggle.

Latest resources

Back