• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Breathing new live into my 2000 Dutch Star

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You have to list the items you use as a lot of us have the same or similar fittings. Thanks
Here is what I have used on the dash.. So far.

I would opt for a 4k camera system over this one.

Be sure and order correct for your rig adapter for steering wheel

Not installed yet.

Thanks. Still working on the steering wheel. Have to get someone at spartan to talk to. Newmar couldn't answer.
If you want one of the "Forever Sharp" steering wheels, you need to talk to Forever Sharp for the correct adpater, not Spartan or Newmar.
Pretty sure this is the one you need, but would check with Forever Sharp just to be sure.

I just installed the chrome vents this week. Always thought the black ones looked cheap and ugly.
Thats how I felt about my coach model #. Overall its a very nice coach but the model number was just black tape type numbers. Looked cheap. So I peeled them off and gave it a nice chrome “3427” more befitting the quality of the coach.

If you want one of the "Forever Sharp" steering wheels, you need to talk to Forever Sharp for the correct adpater, not Spartan or Newmar.
Pretty sure this is the one you need, but would check with Forever Sharp just to be sure.
Thanks will do.

Here is what I have used on the dash.. So far.

I would opt for a 4k camera system over this one.

Be sure and order correct for your rig adapter for steering wheel

Not installed yet.

I will be ordering a wireless 4 camera system for mine as the voyager system died. Haven't decided which one yet. It is kind of at the bottom of my list got 2 good mirrors and use the wife as a ground guide if needed. I'll take a picture of my head unit that I have 10" screen and you can project y our phone to it.

Very nice article on this restoration, keep up the good work and thanks 😊

So I have been putting up paintable wallpaper in the front of my coach. Got to the right front by the door and the was some wrinkling in the factory paper under the window. It was soft underneath the paper, so I knew there would be water damage. Pulled the paper back and this is what I found. Really looks worse than it is. Had very slight leak at bottom of window. The floor is not hurt. Looks like it may have been leaking since new to me. the seal they use around the window is all woppy jawed. And shrunk. Poor choice of material in my opinion. I will be reinstalling window using a high grade silicone sealer. Should last the rest of my lifetime.
I will be resealing all the other windows also.

Attachments

• FLOS2489.JPG
    FLOS2489.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 24
  • MULW8712.JPG
    MULW8712.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • SWKH4034.JPG
    SWKH4034.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 24
Woppy jawed - a new one for me, sounds like something from W. Texas. I’ll have to remember that one! Yeah it looks bad at first glance, but its a small area and the exterior and floor arent involved, so I agree, not that big a job.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back