Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

B18ptacek

RVF Newbee
There are a number of truck and rv apps for bridge heights. Some are loaded with other “features” I don’t need/want. Are there any suggestions for a good gps height app

Looks like the Garmin 890 is replaced by the new 895 (and 1095). But yeah, a proper RV navigator "should" answer this need but always be aware of your travels.

Amazon product ASIN B09ZK4LN92

I use RV Trip Wizard on my laptop for travel planning, it has low a clearance feature. I only use it for planning and not as an active "GPS" while traveling which I think it is capable of but since I've never used it I don't know if low clearance is part of the mobile app.

Another checkmark for the Garmin RV890. Moved off of Garmin many years ago because I didn't think they kept up with their competitors , but was pleasantly surprised with this one - probably because I didn't think it would do much. I still try and remember to use the eyeballs at each bridge to scan for low height signs though.

We use RV Life. I can plan the route based on size and weight limits. I usually plan on my computer then it, automatically, updates to my phone. I have Apple Car Play so I can follow the route on the big dash display. Love it.

When entering dimensions in any mapping system, as stated previously, always add 6 inches to height just to account for recent undocumented paving or uneven surface tilt. this has saved me a couple of time, especially in the North East. Rail bridges especially on surface streets are low clearance. Towns may not update map database quickly If at all.

I use AllStays Truck & Travel App

Latest resources

Back