• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park, Part 3

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Do you think those trees will survive the trauma to their roots?
I think they'll be OK. I wondered the same thing when they put in the septic system at my home. That was 11 years ago and we haven't lost even one tree.

Both septics passed inspection and are now covered. Electric passed and most of the trenches are now buried as well. Tree guy coming Monday to open the view, which can be partially seen in the pics below. Gonna be an awesome place to camp!

DSCN3021.JPG

DSCN3019.JPG

DSCN3022.JPG

DSCN3027.JPG

DSCN3032.JPG

DSCN3035.JPG

DSCN3038.JPG

Looking forward to visiting this Spring on our way north

We worked on trenching for the site hookups and got all the 4" sewer line installed. Waiting on an inspection Monday and then will cover all the trenches and level everything again. Duke Energy has the area flagged and they should trench and install their lines "hopefully" next week.

Once Duke Energy is done with their end, I will gravel the sites (parking pads), plant grass and do some miscellaneous winter landscaping, and then we're heading to our place in Florida for a few months. I'll build the fire rings and place picnic tables when we return.

And then, we will call this project complete.

DSCN3070.JPG

DSCN3068.JPG

DSCN3030.JPG

DSCN3079.JPG

DSCN3069.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3030.JPG
    DSCN3030.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
I had hoped to have this finished before I left for Florida, but some miscommunication between myself and Duke Energy has held up power. I'm afraid I'll be gone by the time they get it trenched in, and I can't finish the road until they are done, so we're at a standstill.

Anyhow, that being said, all permits and inspections are behind us. The view has been opened up and I think it looks great! Hope to have the water hooked up early next week. Lots and lots of landscaping to do, but that'll have to come in April.

So for the most part, it looks like we're going to put a wrap on it until I get back next year.

DSCN3143.JPG

DSCN3151.JPG

DSCN3160.JPG

Snapshot_21.png

Snapshot_23.png

Snapshot_24.png

Snapshot_25.png

Snapshot_28.png

Attachments

• Snapshot_32.png
    Snapshot_32.png
    13 MB · Views: 10
Looks amazing. Beautiful part of the country for sure and an awesome job transforming it into a place for people to gather. Well done.

Looks great. Don’t worry about not getting everything wrapped up before heading to Florida.
You’ll realize if you retire “why do today what you can put off till tomorrow” is a motto to live by🤪

Looks amazing. Beautiful part of the country for sure and an awesome job transforming it into a place for people to gather. Well done.
Thank you, Buster. :)

Looks GREAT Jim. You did a hell of a job. Go and relax in the sunshine if you can. But I don't think you can sit still for very long.

Enjoy the holidays buddy.

Jim P.
HH

Latest resources

Back