• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park, Part 3

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
When this project first started, there was a dog washing station on the plans. It fell by the wayside as there were so many other issues of greater importance. But now, Trish has brought it back up. I told her NO. She made a couple arguments in favor, again I said "emphatically NO".

So it looks like we're going forward with the dog washing station.

I plan to install a stainless steel dog wash, a place to blow dry and groom after the bath, and whatever accessories go along with keeping Fido squeaky clean. There is a building already on the property that will work just fine, so I'm going to convert it for the dog wash.

I don't want my customers to think we're Nickle & Diming them, but there is too much of an investment to give the service away free. So I'm thinking about $10 per dog, or maybe unlimited dogs for $20 per stay? Something along those lines. Not looking to get rich on this, just want to provide a needed service, while offsetting the costs of doing so.

Looking for input.

1704571785990.png

1704571855852.png

Hilton Head National, recent Newmar Hoots stay, had one, and a nice large dog park for exercise. I don't believe there was a fee but they also charge a lot more than you. Ask Trish what she thinks about a large fenced in area, you know, where you fly the drones, Elli wanted me to ask. But only for Trish...she says thanks in advance.

Since I don't have a dog in this hunt and I'm almost positive Marilyn will not let me shower her in the grooming station, I assume that since Trish is the decision-maker, she has included in the $10 fee you washing and grooming each pet. :whistle::unsure:

You guys are over the top. Sure hope we are down that way at some point to be able to stay there. I think the $10 fee is fair and reasonable.

So I'm thinking about $10 per dog, or maybe unlimited dogs for $20 per stay? Something along those lines.
May want to break it down by weight or size maybe.

Lot easier to wash a Yorkie than a Burnese and probably less resources etc.

Just our thoughts.

May want to break it down by weight or size maybe.

Lot easier to wash a Yorkie than a Burnese and probably less resources etc.

Just our thoughts.
Now you're going to need a scale and have a weigh in at check-in. Since you're buying scales, get 6 so you can provide 4 corner weighing.

Jim & Trish....
Marilyn & "Pretty Girl" said they are "IN", and $10.00 is a great price! Especially since it was "Trish's" idea!;)

@Texas Clodhopper .......I'm sure, when your "Marilyn" sees this, she's gonna chase you with a broom!!:ROFLMAO:

Furthermore, We did use one in Weatherford Oklahoma, it was similar, & it was $10.

And lastly...if "Jim" does the washing, seeing that alone, would be worth a $5.00 "tip"!!:giggle:

That’s a great price. Places like tractor supply and pet food express charge 15.00+ per wash. They provide the towels (2) and soaps and a dryer.

And lastly...if "Jim" does the washing, seeing that alone, would be worth a $5.00 "tip"!!:giggle:
I'm sorry guys, I'm already busy at the "Free" motor home washing station. . . :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back