• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park, Part 3

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Meet "Franklin", our robot lawn mower! Franklin isn't real fast, but he works all day/night and except for an occasional recharge, he doesn't require a lot of breaks.

Franklin will leave his docking station, amble on over to the scheduled job, and when complete, he will go back to his docking station until his next scheduled job.

Jim,
Get a second one, and when we get there, you & I can race them across the grass!:LOL:
While enjoying a nice cold "Margarita"!:cool:

Could always modify this for a couple mowers 😊

BREAKING: NBC News Franklin, NC reports that overnight a 3 hour police chase ended in tragedy. A rogue lawn mower ravaged the town of Franklin 3 AM this morning with over 70 police cars and 3 K-9 units in chase. K-9's were called off after their inability to stop the vehicle going lawn to lawn zig zagging patterns through uncut grass. As the perpetrator entered the Botanical gardens museum the SWAT team was called in to subdue the vehicle as it entered the bed of roses exhibit. As roses began to fall the SWAT team set tire flattening strips across paths without success. Finally a local with a shovel ran in and flipped the unit on its back and the chase came to an end. If anyone has any information to the owner of the vehicle with a painted graphic "Franklin" on its upper side, please call the sheriff's department with your anonymous tips. We're glad no one was injured or the hydrangea exhibit which was in the path of destruction.

I have no personal knowledge but when the reward amount makes it more worthy of my time, I have 2nd hand knowledge that could help in the ghastly investigation.

BREAKING: NBC News Franklin, NC reports that overnight a 3 hour police chase ended in tragedy. A rogue lawn mower ravaged the town of Franklin 3 AM this morning with over 70 police cars and 3 K-9 units in chase. K-9's were called off after their inability to stop the vehicle going lawn to lawn zig zagging patterns through uncut grass. As the perpetrator entered the Botanical gardens museum the SWAT team was called in to subdue the vehicle as it entered the bed of roses exhibit. As roses began to fall the SWAT team set tire flattening strips across paths without success. Finally a local with a shovel ran in and flipped the unit on its back and the chase came to an end. If anyone has any information to the owner of the vehicle with a painted graphic "Franklin" on its upper side, please call the sheriff's department with your anonymous tips. We're glad no one was injured or the hydrangea exhibit which was in the path of destruction.
Oh lord. . . You have way to much free time on your hands, Neal.

Just shy of 3 weeks until we open for the 2024 season and I'm hustling big time! The rain has been a problem but we're forging ahead. Still need more rock, a couple more fire pits and some landscaping on the mountain behind the sites.

Trees should start to green up in a few weeks, and hopefully the grass on the side of the mountain will come back. It's supposed to, but right now it looks pretty iffy to me!

Site #11

DSCN4104.JPG

Site 11.png

Site #12

DSCN4141.JPG

DSCN4151.JPG

DSCN4154.JPG

Looking good, Jim.

Looking good, Jim.
Thank you, Jim. It's been a long haul, that's for sure. But it's coming to an end now and I'm actually pretty pleased with how it's turning out. :)

Yeah and that big beautiful London Aire is great promo material.
Lol, thanks Rich.

On another note, and this is one of those "it's a small world things", but back in 2019, you and I met on a different forum and started exchanging emails about the solar installations we were both putting into our rigs. I'm pretty sure you have not made the connection but you probably will now. :) You had taken a lithium battery out of a (forget what it was?) and installed it, and panels, on your (then) Bay Star.

I learned a bunch through our email exchanges. And it was cool that we both owned GSD's! So I find it quite gratifying that we are friends here on this forum as well. Like I said, it's a small world.

Edit: Pic below are of Rich's dogs from 2019. Such magnificent animals.

1712791060270.png

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back