• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a Small RV Park - Year 2

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That's great news Jim!! I hope it works out for you. With new technology you never know............

@Jim, that’s great news!

Are you using KOA to market?
No, I am not. Not saying that's not a good idea, just that I took a different route.

We are considering building one lot at a time with cash to keep debt low. Did you borrow?
No, I did not borrow. I owned the property already and I paid cash (and continue to pay cash) for everything else. So no debt service. But that being said, I own a bunch of equipment, and I did a lot of the work that was necessary to complete the park.

I have reading through your oats, what are you doing for septic?
The county came out and told us what we needed. It was way overkill as far as I'm concerned. But they hold all the cards, so we did it the way they wanted. At the end of the day, we ended up with a 500 gallon septic tank for each site. And lots and lots of drain field.

On a side note, if you need to go with Starlink for internet, budget in $2,250 for equipment, and another $550 a month for the service. You own the equipment. :) In my case, this was a cheap alternative to everything else I found.

Hope that helps.

Oh, one other thing. If you want to market your RV park to a wonderful bunch of people, this is the place to do it. @Neal can set you up with a commercial account for a fraction of what the other RV Forums are asking for. And many (if not most) of the members on the other sites are coming over here anyway.

Every morning I log in to:
  • Remind myself that it's true,
  • See if it's shipped yet.
lol

Starlink.png

Every morning I log in to:
  • Remind myself that it's true,
  • See if it's shipped yet.
lol

View attachment 13270
I’m so excited for you! BTW I did try to escape to your lovely park back in June, but you didn’t have a big girl site. I’m so happy you are keeping so busy. 😊

I’m so excited for you! BTW I did try to escape to your lovely park back in June, but you didn’t have a big girl site. I’m so happy you are keeping so busy. 😊
Thank you, Ard. :)

Latest resources

Back