Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well, this looks promising. :)

Starlink Shipped.png

Did you announce yet your expansion to 50 sites? Or is it still a secret? I'm good at keeping secrets so don't worry. Just wondering if I missed the announcement?

Well, this looks promising. :)

View attachment 13444
How does the business service differ from what homeowners get? I trialed Starlink RV service while on my last 11 day trip. I saw between 15Mbps to 120Mbps depending on site, visibility and location. Regardless though I had no location with no service and always managed to get some decent signal.

And now we're all tracking your package!! Friday is going to be a big day.

How does the business service differ from what homeowners get?
Well, from what I've learned from reading, the business plan supposedly provides faster speeds and can provide adequate service for more users. I think the Starlink page advertises that it can provide service to 20 workstations with speeds from 150mps - 350mps.

But several members on Reddit have said that they saw just a good of speeds from their residential equipment as they do on their business equipment. So I don't know. But the business service became available in my area sooner than the residential did, so that's what I got.

Also, the residential service is (I think) about $105 a month. And the business service is $550 a month. There is a large difference in the price of the equipment as well, with the business equipment being around $2,000. Might be why the business service became available before the residential?

Fingers crossed that it provides the solution that we so desperately need.

Well, from what I've learned from reading, the business plan supposedly provides faster speeds and can provide adequate service for more users. I think the Starlink page advertises that it can provide service to 20 workstations with speeds from 150mps - 350mps.

But several members on Reddit have said that they saw just a good of speeds from their residential equipment as they do on their business equipment. So I don't know. But the business service became available in my area sooner than the residential did, so that's what I got.

Also, the residential service is (I think) about $105 a month. And the business service is $550 a month. There is a large difference in the price of the equipment as well, with the business equipment being around $2,000. Might be why the business service became available before the residential?

Fingers crossed that it provides the solution that we so desperately need.
Have people used Starlink at your campground and if so what speed were they seeing?

Now with internet, more people are going to want a reservation. Glad I got mine already 😀
If he puts in a bathhouse, he won't be able to add sites fast enough.
Though, I suspect he does not want his entire property to be a campground.
😄

From what I hear a paparazzi manage to capture this shot of @Jim 's latest project so you're in for a treat @AbdRahim

1658422623770.png

Latest resources

Back