• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a Small RV Park - Year 2

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Dishy arrived today and I had it operational inside of 20 minutes. Preliminary speed tests are on the low end of advertised, but still about 5 times faster than ViaSat. Everyone in the park is responding with positive reports and people are even getting/making cell phone calls now. (VOIP) There is no noticeable latency in the calls.

I have to find a location for a permanent mount, and it's probably not going to be in the office where I had hoped it would be. But regardless, I'll take the challenge of finding a good mounting spot vs the horrible mess I've been putting up with ViaSat.

I'm so looking forward to making that "You're Fired" call to ViaSat. They're only in business because there was nobody else to compete with them. Well, except Hughes Net, and they're even worse that ViaSat.

ViaSat's support has gotten so bad that it's virtually useless. Every call takes 45 minutes while you go through a seemingly endless automated system, and when you actually get to talk to someone, chances are you will not be able to understand them. In that case, you hang up, go through the automated system AGAIN, and hope for the best. Even when you do get someone you can understand, chances are they can't do much more than have you reset the modem (unplug it/plug it back in). Very, very frustrating.

But I remiss. . . What I meant to say is, We Have Internet! :)

Glad you didn't just spend all your pineapple money with that phone company you were going to hire.

Glad you didn't just spend all your pineapple money with that phone company you were going to hire.
I guess everything happens for a reason, right?

That's got Jim's fingerprints all over it!!! :ROFLMAO:

It's been raining so I took time away from working at the park and made some software changes. Now interested parties can view a calendar for each site, and see what dates are available.

Before, you could enter arrival/departure dates and the software would bring up the sites that are available on those dates. And that is helpful most of the time. But those visitors who have flexible schedules needed a way to see dates available dates at a glance, to determine if there was compatibility between their schedule and the park sites availability.

Availability image.png

Dishy arrived today and I had it operational inside of 20 minutes. Preliminary speed tests are on the low end of advertised, but still about 5 times faster than ViaSat. Everyone in the park is responding with positive reports and people are even getting/making cell phone calls now. (VOIP) There is no noticeable latency in the calls.

I have to find a location for a permanent mount, and it's probably not going to be in the office where I had hoped it would be. But regardless, I'll take the challenge of finding a good mounting spot vs the horrible mess I've been putting up with ViaSat.

I'm so looking forward to making that "You're Fired" call to ViaSat. They're only in business because there was nobody else to compete with them. Well, except Hughes Net, and they're even worse that ViaSat.

ViaSat's support has gotten so bad that it's virtually useless. Every call takes 45 minutes while you go through a seemingly endless automated system, and when you actually get to talk to someone, chances are you will not be able to understand them. In that case, you hang up, go through the automated system AGAIN, and hope for the best. Even when you do get someone you can understand, chances are they can't do much more than have you reset the modem (unplug it/plug it back in). Very, very frustrating.

But I remiss. . . What I meant to say is, We Have Internet! :)
You could pull your kid restriction. They will all be inside on their phones now !!!

It's been raining so I took time away from working at the park and made some software changes. Now interested parties can view a calendar for each site, and see what dates are available.

Before, you could enter arrival/departure dates and the software would bring up the sites that are available on those dates. And that is helpful most of the time. But those visitors who have flexible schedules needed a way to see dates available dates at a glance, to determine if there was compatibility between their schedule and the park sites availability.
@Jim ... I just checked some specific dates in October and my preferred site is already taken ... o yeah, that would be me on it!

FLSteve :cool:

Life is certainly tough for some….

Latest resources

Back