Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Last year was busy as Trish and I got a crash course in Design, Development, Operations and the End Of Year Shutdown of Deer Springs RV Park. And here we are, 2.5 months away from opening for our second season. I want to continue documenting the improvements we make, but the original thread is HUGE and it's probably a good idea to put some distance between it and future developments, upgrades and changes.

Yesterday was cold but we forged on with the new cement pad at site 8. It's 15' x 55', 6" thick with steal rebar throughout, poured over a base of Crush-N-Run rock that was the original parking pad for last year. So the foundation is very strong and the cement will have a good 2.5 months to cure before the first guest pulls in. Here are a couple of quick pictures that Trish shot.

I can't take much credit for the actual pour or the finishing as I'm the guy with his hands in his pockets, lol. :)

159C491A-50B9-4BD8-8AF8-2CC9E762E819.JPG

72B245B6-F0A9-4456-A01B-05C69F6C34EB.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good, Jim! Are you still planning to add margarita machines to each of the gazebos?
It doesn't look like it Buddy. Got to divert the money to the landing strip. :) Maybe next year?

It doesn't look like it Buddy. Got to divert the money to the landing strip. :) Maybe next year?
If you are building a landing strip for @Neal , you just did. If he’s any good, that aircraft he flies can land on your new cement pad, seriously!

Looks like it is coming together. Consider contacting Tesla and see if they will furnish a couple of level 2 EV chargers in a common area. Might be a nice revenue stream there.

Good luck with the project.

Jim, I will split a parachute plane with you. We can take off and land on that pad!
That sounds like one of those "hold my beer" moments!

Worked on the railings around the pavilion. After we finish painting, there are counter tops that sit on top of the outside rails, that when finished, will make a swell place to sit and watch the game or have dinner, or just enjoy an evening drink while looking out over the park.

Unfortunately, we had to scrap the pellet smoker plan. After joining the RecTec forum, complements of TJ&LadyDi, I got a crash course on how these things work. And they're fine if you know what to expect and how to operate them. But I can't count on everyone having that knowledge, and burning down the park and setting the woods on fire is a really bad idea. So we're going with a charcoal BBQ instead. I'm waiting on a price from a welder in town who has done some work for me in the past. Besides, one of the benefits of having "The Dragon" is it generates charcoal, which I can provide to the people using the pavilion BBQ.

The pizza oven arrived yesterday. It's not a high dollar oven but it'll give me an opportunity to see the value a pizza oven has to the park. If it turns out to be a really big deal, I'll probably spring for a nice one. But I'd hate to drop a bucket load of cash on one that only gets used a few times each year.

DSCN7301.JPG

DSCN7302.JPG

DSCN7306.JPG

DSCN7308.JPG

Charcoal.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN7305.JPG
    DSCN7305.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 14

Latest resources

Back