• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thank you...I can smell the sawdust from here...nothing better ;) We are on different sides of the Country but on our bucket list is a trip to the East Coast...one day if GOD is willing.
Merry Christmas
We'll leave the light on for ya! :)

Cold as all get-out and way too much rain and mud. And now they're calling for snow this afternoon. It's hard getting anything done.

DSCN2896.JPG

DSCN2895.JPG

Nice little hip roof. The lumber looks treated...did you mill it then treat it? Or perhaps it's just the lighting. Anyway, nice reading nook! Also, is it anchored or moveable? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just curious when I admire other's handy work :)

Yeah winter in the Appalachian's is for sure a wet cold time. Kind of a pick your battles progress. Your still getting there and that is a good thing.
It will be an awesome place once finished though. (y) (y)

Nice little hip roof. The lumber looks treated...did you mill it then treat it? Or perhaps it's just the lighting. Anyway, nice reading nook! Also, is it anchored or moveable? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just curious when I admire other's handy work :)
No, it’s not really designed to be moved. That being said, it’s probably possible to move it without too much effort as it’s just sitting on pier blocks.

I bought the majority of the wood we used to build this one so it is treated. On the rest of them, I’ll cut the wood myself and use a preservative on the areas that touch the ground. Everywhere else will get a really good outdoor stain. I’m going into this knowing that I’ll have to stain every couple of years, but that’s just part of it.

This one is 10x10 but I think the next one will be 12x12. On the side where the ladders are laying, there will be a refrigerator and food preparation counter with sink. The front side (closest in the picture) will have a 6’ live edge bar so prepped food/drinks can be served on the bar with people sitting on bar stools from the outside as well as from the inside.

coppercoat-green-wolman-waterproofing-sealers-1902a-64_1000.jpg

Coming right along Jim!

Awesome job! Wonder if that (Copper) wood preservative is legal in California. I would guess....NO! ;)

Thank you for the input gentlemen. It's taking so much time to get inspections and hire the people that can do the job. I wanted to do the septic install but the county wouldn't let me. And everyone that is licensed to do it is busy because of the boom that we're experiencing. Unbelievable number of people coming out here from the cities. Covid has had it's affect on us, many will say in a good way.

136714286_209516950741194_8165664402110725049_n.jpg

136807937_209516494074573_3874434108113340778_n.jpg

136420630_209516994074523_2734746062571116839_n.jpg

If I can shame Verizon or AT&T to put up some equipment on the tower I'll be set. If not, then I'll have to bring in some satellite Internet, but I didn't want to do that if I didn't have to. As far as I know, there is only Viasat or Hughes to work with and they both suck.

Update on the layout.

I found a spot on the hill that I can comfortably get a road to and I plan to add this new site to the lot. I’ll clear a pad big enough that someone can turn a 45’ motor home around. It’ll be completely surrounded with trees and will be an awesome secluded spot. Very nice short and long range views and it's stay cool all summer long.

Also, I'll hang a 2-meter antenna from the tallest tree and stretch out a multi band dipole between some of the other trees. Given the elevation of 3,500', I think it'll be a perfect site for someone with a ham radio on board. There’s a bunch of those hams out there these days, lol. I know i was surprised to find out just how many RV’ers are hams. So this should be a wonderful place for them to stay. It's not a selling point to many RV'ers, but it's a nice perk for those who would use it. And given I already have the antenna's, coax and other associated parts, it's not going to add any appreciable expense to the project.
Have not read al the post on this one, but Star Link is coming your way in the not so far off future. In you case it may be of great service to you. Betas are going now. Have you signed up yet. LOL

Latest resources

Back