• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yes it would. 13 miles west of Franklin NC. Out hwy 64W, Are you ready to book a weekend? :)
yes count us in.

A couple of pictures of the work going on with the laundry room. Hope to have it ready for sheetrock in a couple of days. Also a picture of some 6x6 beams I cut (with the sawmill) that we'll use on the next gazebo.

DSCN2920.JPG

DSCN2927.JPG

DSCN2922.JPG

Roof is on and windows are in. Also picked up a washer/dryer combo to install when the laundry room is finished.
(Stock Photo of the W/D)

DSCN2935.JPG

1610666882939.png

A huge update in my quest for Internet at the park. Turns out a friend of mine (also a neighbor) is funding a fiber deployment company. On Friday he contacted me to see if there was interest in splitting the bill to have them install fiber to our respective properties. Of course I could hardly contain my excitement. So yesterday they came by and looked the property over to develop an install plan. There is nothing guaranteed but it looks good so far. I'll know more in a couple of weeks.

A huge update in my quest for Internet at the park. Turns out a friend of mine (also a neighbor) is funding a fiber deployment company. On Friday he contacted me to see if there was interest in splitting the bill to have them install fiber to our respective properties. Of course I could hardly contain my excitement. So yesterday they came by and looked the property over to develop an install plan. There is nothing guaranteed but it looks good so far. I'll know more in a couple of weeks.
You obviously live right, @Jim! I'm afraid it it was my project, my neighbor would probably try to get me shut down. Sure hope the fiber install works out well.

TJ

Is ruby mining still as popular in this area as it was back in the '70's? Our kids always enjoyed playing in the mud & from time to time we actually found something that was worth having made into jewelry.
This is going to be a 1st class RV resort.

Sure hope the fiber install works out well.

TJ
Me too! I really need this to happen, otherwise satellite is my only option and satellite sucks on all levels. A good solid connection takes me a long ways to making this a successful park. Or at the very least, one that can compete with the dozens of others in the area.

Is ruby mining still as popular in this area as it was back in the '70's? Our kids always enjoyed playing in the mud & from time to time we actually found something that was worth having made into jewelry.
This is going to be a 1st class RV resort.
Hi Lemondrop. I've only been around this area since 2006 so I'm not sure what was happening back in the 70's. That being said, there are several "Pan for rubies" operations around the county and they always seem to have a pretty good crowd. My niece and her family came out to visit a few years ago and the first place Rob (her husband) wanted to go was Ruby Mine, and try his luck. He takes his plunder back home and runs it through some kind of tumbler and then polishes them up. They look a lot like rocks to me but he's always happy with the outcome. lol

Looking good, Jim. Looks like you’ve been getting some precipitation.

Latest resources

Back