• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Don’t worry Jim, I’ll bring my hat that says “Staff” that Neal gave me when he made me a moderator. I’ll be sure to walk around each morning and point at random things and a very supervisory manner and say things into my Walkie-Talkie talkie with no batteries.

Jim;

Just in the way you write about the goings on, construction, etc, we can surely tell that this is a "Labor of Love" for you, and certainly not a get rich quick financial investment!
Not sure when we will get there, but know we look forward to seeing and enjoying such a nice relaxing, and I'm sure enjoyable and unique "RV" Resort!
Keep up the good work & we all enjoy your updates!
Thanks!
Thank you, JJ. We are getting closer and as such, I'm starting to see how far we have to go. But we'll get there. Just be patient with us as we work toward providing the type of experience that we know everyone expects.

Don’t worry Jim, I’ll bring my hat that says “Staff” that Neal gave me when he made me a moderator. I’ll be sure to walk around each morning and point at random things and a very supervisory manner and say things into my Walkie-Talkie talkie with no batteries.
Thanks! Knew I could count on you MN. :)

Last edited:
In the retail arena, a new store will sometimes have a "soft opening" to help work out the kinks. I'll be bold enough to suggest a soft opening at Deer Springs and allowing all your RVForums buddies a free night to be the Guinea pigs. Where do I sign up, @Jim ?

In the retail arena, a new store will sometimes have a "soft opening" to help work out the kinks. I'll be bold enough to suggest a soft opening at Deer Springs and allowing all your RVForums buddies a free night to be the Guinea pigs. Where do I sign up, @Jim ?
OH great here we go again with one of them fancy class A'ers trying to schmoose up to the owner for a spot. Dam those class A'ers. Da rat bastages ???

It's been raining for the last 2 days. A real gully washer as Trish would say. As we can't work on the park, I used the time to make a park site map. Note: We don't have the pavilion or the group fire pit built yet. But when we do, it'll be in the areas shown on the map. The rectangle area labeled "dog park", is a 20'x100' fenced dog run. The area labeled "Fairway Park" is a nice park to walk around in and enjoy yourself. It is also a "Designated Leash Free" zone, for pets who are well behaved.

Site map 1.JPG

Sites 1 & 8 are Pull In only and are therefore reserved for Class A, Class B or Class C motor coaches.
  • Site 1 will accommodate up to 40’ motor coach.
  • Site 8 will accommodate any size motor coach.
Sites 2,3,4,5 & 6 are Back In only and will accommodate rigs up to 45’ in length.

Site 7 is a Pull Through site suitable as follows.
  • Up to 30’ 5th wheel or travel trailer
  • Up to 40’ Motor coach.

Last edited:
Yes, totally agree, @RandyB. I created a discount coupon code (to be entered at reservation time) that will give the visitor a discount. I will feel better giving a healthy discount on the sites until they are completely developed. We really aren't all that concerned about making a profit this year, we just want everyone to be happy, enjoy themselves, and to speak well of the park when they leave.

:)

My friend Ronnie came by today and set the forms for the cement pads that the picnic tables sit on. Also, Van's Electric spent yesterday and today wiring the gazebos for the lights and ceiling fans. There was two of them working together and in two days they only got 4 of gazebos done. :eek: I'm not wanting to see the bill on this one.

A couple of weeks ago we had five loads of hydroseed sprayed. And then a couple of days ago a huge storm hit us and now 1/2 of the hydroseeding is gone. Sucks big time. Each load is $450, so we just lost a grand in seed. Trish cried for an hour. It's not so much the money as it's the continuation of 3 steps forward, 2 steps back, scenario that we've been living under. On the 19th we have 8 pallets of sod arriving. I'm really hoping that we do better with the sod than we did the hydroseeding!

We have a couple of young men coming by tomorrow at 9:00 to help put out mulch and to rake out the rocks around the sites before the sod shows up. And a whole bunch of other stuff as well. Stuff is moving fast these days, but still a long ways to go.

Some random pictures.

2.JPG

5.JPG

DSCN3728.JPG

DSCN3733.JPG

DSCN3739.JPG

DSCN3743.JPG

DSCN3746.JPG

DSCN3747.JPG

DSCN3754.JPG

Last edited:
Yes been following since the beginning and does sure seem like the closer you get to the finish line the issues you have. All I can say is that the park is looking like a place I want to visit, maybe late Sep or early Oct. You have had a wonderful vision and will see the finish line soon, with wonderful reviews once it open. Hang in there.

Reminds me of what my dad used to say; “The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get.” Sorry to hear of the setbacks, but the park is looking terrific and will be a great place to visit. Heck, this ol’ timer might just hitch up his suspenders (and, tighten his belt :ROFLMAO: ) and head for North Carolina one of these days. It’s been a long time since I was in that area (trained at Fort Bragg in the’60s).

I know it is hard for you to see it at this point, but what you’ve created is truly a work of art. And, the fact that you are RVers who understand the needs of RVers has made it a very useable work of art as well. Good job, folks.

TJ

But I digress. . . we'll probably have to pass on that bottle of Southern Comfort. :)
Well, that's a deal breaker for me. No Southern Comfort in the 'fridge? I'm out. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back