Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I agree!

Looking forward to seeing when this incredible park will open. We love the western NC area and want to stay at this hidden gem, before it has a line a mile long to get in.

With a 45' rig + a trailer, site 8 looks really nice.
Yes, perfect for you. With room to spare too!

Is there any thought to expansion? Could you add spaces up to even doubling the number? Curious because the one thing that bothers me about the project is that I don't know if your economy of scale will work for you. Not said as a criticism, I frankly do not know, not my area. Have you crunched numbers to feel pretty confident in your return on investment as-is? As I said, just curious, I wish you nothing but great success.

Is there any thought to expansion? Could you add spaces up to even doubling the number? Curious because the one thing that bothers me about the project is that I don't know if your economy of scale will work for you. Not said as a criticism, I frankly do not know, not my area. Have you crunched numbers to feel pretty confident in your return on investment as-is? As I said, just curious, I wish you nothing but great success.
LOL, what's this Number Crunching and Return on Investment stuff you speak of? :)

Yes, there is room for expansion and I plan to build 4-5 cabins further up the mountainside. They would have already been started by now but we are waiting on the price of lumber to come back within reach. We own the land outright and we're building the park out of pocket, so there is no debt service. If the RV side of the park remains rented 6 months out of the year, the net income will equate to a 15% ROI. Add in the income from the cabins and the numbers really jump. Of equal importance are the "money saved" implications. Maintenance and improvements to those areas, which were before paid for with after-tax money, will now become tax deductible.

I'm not a stock market kind of guy. I was well invested in the market years ago, but I never slept for fear of the unknown. Property is a tangible asset, and one that I understand, so this RV Park idea was something that I figured I would play with for awhile. If it works, and I am confident it will, it will be a scalable endeavor that can be duplicated elsewhere.

Good day today. We passed our final inspection (for sewer, electrical) and the power will be turned on for the park. So now it's a matter of finishing the landscaping, get power to the gazebos, hang the ceiling fans, build some steps, install sod, pour the pads, etc., etc. Yep, still a long ways to go, but at least we are getting closer!

Cement pad day. The Rodriguez brothers did a wonderful job. :)

DSCN3860.JPG

DSCN3872.JPG

DSCN3873.JPG

Untitled.png

DSCN3881.JPG

Campground Pizza Oven!

Super Duper Monster Pellet Grill?

I wager they’re for the gazebos because his inspections dept is run by a structural moron

Latest resources

Back