Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The Deer Springs RV Campground Initiative

Trish and I have wanted to make a small RV Campground for a long time, but we just didn’t have the time. But lately, our interest has been renewed and I think we’re going to make a run at it.

The site we have chosen is a meadow down at the bottom of our property. It’s not perfectly level, but I had a company come by on Tuesday and take a look at leveling it out. The road coming in must be widened as well. Everything is subject to change of course, but here is what I’m planning at this time.

We hope to have a total of 7 sites, 4 pull through and 3 back in. This give us 6 for rental purpose and 1 for a campground host.

The good stuff: (depending on how you look at it)
  • There will be full hookups at all of them
  • Charcoal BBQ and fire rings
  • There will be a minimum of 40’ between each of the individual RV pads, more in some cases
  • The views are wonderful, and the setting is remotely luxurious
  • Two huge dog runs, one for small dogs and one for larger dogs
  • On site laundry room
  • A nice pavilion with large, group BBQ setup
  • Killer hiking, fishing and great stock Jeep trails abound. We’ll provide custom maps, GPS coordinates, etc.
The not so good stuff: (again, depending on how you look at it)
  • There is no cell service in the area
  • No cable and no Internet. I hope to be able to solve the Internet issue but I’m not sure just yet
  • There will be no showers or toilets. There is plenty of room for them if we decide later to add them. But with full hookups, the guests should be OK and we don’t want the extra maintenance.
I’m very interested in everyone’s comments, suggestions and ideas. Below are some pictures of the project area.

Thank you all!

View attachment 2223

View attachment 2225

View attachment 2226

View attachment 2227

View attachment 2228
This looks AMAZING!! When can I book it?? seriously, I wish more parks had NO CELL OR TV SERVICE!! That is part of our problem, we need to engage in each other, our fellow RVers and with God's great big backyard! Forget our cares for just a few days, it is so refreshing and healing to our souls! I personally never use the toilet or showers at an RV park, I have my own! I do like there is a washer and a dryer though. making the sites large is great too, I have come to really despise a small site. The lasts one we stayed at, I couldn't' even put my awning out all the way because it would hit the slide out of the RV next to us! This truly sounds wonderful and refreshing. And I am serious, would LOVE to book!! Good luck on your adventure. Please keep us posted! When you get the name and website info please post. It will be fun to watch the progress.
Pam

When you get the name and website info please post. It will be fun to watch the progress.
Pam
Hi Pam. Below is a link to the Deer Springs RV Park website. There you will find pictures and info on each site. Should you decide to book a site sometime, you can book it there as well. Thank you for your interest!

Deer Springs RV Park Website

Last edited:
So yeah, I'm not done but I made some good progress today. Got most of the railing up yesterday and finished it today. Have some staining to do buy not much. Still have one gate to install, it's the one that goes between the stairs and the deck. The back side is hung and working well.

The cool perk that comes from all this is that if you have doggies, they can be on the deck with you without being on a leash. The deck is completely secure, with gates on the front and back. The gate on the back will give you access to the hiking trail, so you can take Fido for a walk without going over to the dog park. (Maybe Elli will like this???)

Works for keeping the younger kids corralled as well. :)

DSCN5025.JPG

DSCN5031.JPG

DSCN5038.JPG

My wife really loves your flowers in the wash tubs. She would like to know what they are? I think the place looks incredible. As soon as we figure out our schedule for this fall we will book a spot.

My wife really loves your flowers in the wash tubs. She would like to know what they are?
I'm sorry EZ, Trish usually leaves a tag on at least one of the plants so that she can remember what they are. But this time, nothing! So we don't know what they are either. But if I know Trish, she'll match them up with more of the same next time she goes to Lowe's. :)

This guy has been hanging out behind/under my BBQ. Check out the colors, he/she really is pretty, in a snaky kind of way.

DSCN5113.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN5114.JPG
    DSCN5114.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 6
I'm sorry EZ, Trish usually leaves a tag on at least one of the plants so that she can remember what they are. But this time, nothing! So we don't know what they are either. But if I know Trish, she'll match them up with more of the same next time she goes to Lowe's. :)
Crystal leaves the tag in the dirt in the planter so she can remember what she bought last time too. :ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back