• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
$10K? I thought it was supposed to be $10M. :rolleyes: Or, it that the first weekly check?

TJ

TJ
Taxes. The government took theirs and netted out the difference to us. I still owe state taxes though. :-(

The next "prize" for top thread award we just learned will be a brand new (to you) 2018 Newmar Mountain Aire! RVF received this via auction for $99.99 $19.99.

We have several visitors at the park so most of the work I'm doing is curtailed to quiet things like sanding, staining, etc. So today I moved my RV down to site #1 (The Oak) to get a feel for the levelness of the pad. It's not bad, but it still needs a little work.

The site has a 100' x 50' yard that surrounds a huge old Oak Tree with hanging swing, and there is a 30" fire ring an ample distance from your motor home. As with all the sites, there is a gazebo with ceiling fan, light, counter top, sink with running water, and a refrigerator/ice maker. Here are some random pictures.

DSCN4829.JPG

DSCN4832.JPG

DSCN4841.JPG

DSCN4843.JPG

DSCN4851.JPG

DSCN4857.JPG

DSCN4862.JPG

A quick update. We have had visitors all week, and more coming tomorrow. Everyone has been fantastic and we've all gotten along fine. The before mentioned family that surprised me with 8 children were almost invisible for the 7 nights they were here. If all families had children this well behaved, there would be hope for the world.

Anyhow, they left this morning and next thing I know, I see that they shared 64 photos on FB with a glowing review / recommendation of our park. Here are a few of the pictures they shared as well as a note they left for us on the counter.

DSCN4885.JPG

202088974_10165349987445164_9166097571707790690_n.jpg

206595878_10165349989565164_2674886427132118129_n.jpg

206889348_10165349987290164_7668919654706457394_n (1).jpg

208732934_10165349991030164_7473364069757823746_n.jpg

I have a friend who married a lady that had lost her husband at 35 years old to a heart attack. She had 4 kids and he had 3 sons. So, they would be just like this couple here. Believe it or not we used to go on vacation with them. :oops: The kids were great most of the time. As they got older two of the girls have asked me to perform their weddings!! We've remained real close to this family over the years. I'm sure you'll meet people with ONE kid that will make you want the Adamson's and their 8 kids to return!

We're getting visited by the most awesome people! Just received this email from Aaron and his wife (and their two doggies). They stayed at "The Squerly Pine" (Site #5) for about a week. Very nice people from New Orleans.

Jim,

I want to thank you for the amazing hospitality from you and your wife. Carey and I (and the pups)thoroughly enjoyed staying with you. We are already looking forward to the next time we are free and can make the trip. I left the dog ramp at #5 gazebo. Unfortunately the dogs would not go near it, they would only bark at it. I do appreciate you looking out for me and my little ones.

Well we are a couple hours outside of New Orleans and back to the reality of work and fighting the good fight. Thanks again for everything. I will be sure to tell everyone who will listen about your amazing spot.

Till next time brother.

Aaron

Last edited:
The Deer Springs RV Campground Initiative

Trish and I have wanted to make a small RV Campground for a long time, but we just didn’t have the time. But lately, our interest has been renewed and I think we’re going to make a run at it.

The site we have chosen is a meadow down at the bottom of our property. It’s not perfectly level, but I had a company come by on Tuesday and take a look at leveling it out. The road coming in must be widened as well. Everything is subject to change of course, but here is what I’m planning at this time.

We hope to have a total of 7 sites, 4 pull through and 3 back in. This give us 6 for rental purpose and 1 for a campground host.

The good stuff: (depending on how you look at it)
  • There will be full hookups at all of them
  • Charcoal BBQ and fire rings
  • There will be a minimum of 40’ between each of the individual RV pads, more in some cases
  • The views are wonderful, and the setting is remotely luxurious
  • Two huge dog runs, one for small dogs and one for larger dogs
  • On site laundry room
  • A nice pavilion with large, group BBQ setup
  • Killer hiking, fishing and great stock Jeep trails abound. We’ll provide custom maps, GPS coordinates, etc.
The not so good stuff: (again, depending on how you look at it)
  • There is no cell service in the area
  • No cable and no Internet. I hope to be able to solve the Internet issue but I’m not sure just yet
  • There will be no showers or toilets. There is plenty of room for them if we decide later to add them. But with full hookups, the guests should be OK and we don’t want the extra maintenance.
I’m very interested in everyone’s comments, suggestions and ideas. Below are some pictures of the project area.

Thank you all!

View attachment 2223

View attachment 2225

View attachment 2226

View attachment 2227

View attachment 2228
I like the dog. Good luck with your RV campground!

Latest resources

Back