• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You start fires?!;) didn't realize that!

Can you believe it? I had to come down EVERY NIGHT and start a fire for these flatlanders. :)
HAHAHA! This flatlander read the chapter in the camping book on "how to start a fire with bourbon." ;)

My patience is growing thin with self-entitled people who care of little but themselves.

My patience is growing thin with self-entitled people who care of little but themselves.
Did another squatter steal one of your prime sites?

Did another squatter steal one of your prime sites?
Hey GlampDaddy! Good to hear from you. I just ran by the house to pick up a shovel and saw your post so I'll take a minute or two and answer.

As for the squatters, nope! I've been having very little trouble from them. The problem is coming from the group that rent a spot and think they're the only people in the campground. They're the ones that feel their little Spoofy is not subject to the rules that all the other dogs abide by. Those rules are meant for the other dogs, not their Spoofy. I'm not sure if Spoofy has trouble with his inner working parts or what, but he's not made it to the dog park even once. But why should he, there's plenty of nice green grass right here at the campsite, right?

I suspect this demographic is also predominantly deaf. A theory that gains credence as the rest of the park is threatening a public hanging, or at the very least a cross burning, if somebody doesn't stuff a rag in Spoofy's mouth pretty soon.

I'm going to step out on a speculative limb here, but I'll bet this group doesn't have a blade of grass at their home. If they did, they'd realize that the 8X10 carpet they just tossed out on their site is going to cause some severe damage to the grass in a very short amount of time. At first I thought that the eventual loss of grass might be a problem for Spoofy too, but I stand corrected. It appears Spoofy already knows how to sneak over to the neighboring sites and do his business on their grass instead. And while he's there, he'll do a little digging around, just to see what he can find.

OK, I found the shovel and I'm on my way back down to the park. I've got an appointment with Spoofy. Not sure what site he's in but I'm sure the barking will help me find him.

Take care, buddy!

You should ask Spoofy and his parents to never visit again☹️ Please have Spoofy removed prior to Thursday?

You should ask Spoofy and his parents to never visit again☹️ Please have Spoofy removed prior to Thursday?
So all day there has been an uncomfortable tension between Spoofy's owners and myself. . . Things seemed like they had calmed down after a chat with the owner, and Spoofy seemed to be joining the mix with regular trips to the dog park. And then tonight, in the middle of a full park, Spoofy charged another dog who was returning from the dog park. The fellow pulled his dog back, but he clearly did it for Spoofy's benefit. Spoofy needed a good lesson and the other dog was more than able to dish it out.

But alas, Spoofy gets to live another day. And tomorrow Spoofy and his owners will be heading toward a new park that will most certainly become the next victim in the whirlwind of chaos that follows this mass of undisciplined fur. But as I write this, Trish has pointed out that Spoofy isn't really the problem, it's his owners. These are people who have little or no concern for the others around them and only think of themselves. They are the few, but they are the reason that the list of "rules" at your next RV park has/is becoming so long.

It's troubling.

Well, Spoofy and his handlers left this AM and nobody in the park was sorry to see them go. I'm confident he's going to give us a crappy review but I think most people will see through his nonsense.

After three days of the Spoofy bunch, I decided to turn off the online booking system and see what happens if we take "referral only" visitors for awhile. And if someone finds us on the Internet, I can at least talk to them for a bit and see what kind of people they are before I accept their reservation. The last few days have shown me it's better to have 4 RV's full of wonderful visitors that mingle well, then it is to have 7 RV's where 3 of them don't practice the common traits of camping like adults.

Life's too short.

Edit: And after being run through the ringer with the Spoofy bunch, the Traycik's paid me in an envelope with this on it. Wow, makes it all worth while. :) Thank you, Tim and Ginny! What a wonderful couple!

DSCN6159.JPG

OK, I found the shovel and I'm on my way back down to the park. I've got an appointment with Spoofy. Not sure what site he's in but I'm sure the barking will help me find him.
When I read this, I thought Spoofy might be meeting his maker!! LOL

When I read this, I thought Spoofy might be meeting his maker!! LOL
I was certain of it. I've seen Jim when he was miffed, but this was looking like full-blown pissed!

Latest resources

Back