• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Buyer Beware La Mesa RV Davie Fl

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thank-you for the response Kevin ... he is definitely not incompetent just old and not necessarily thinking things through as he once did.. I am hoping that if I make it to 88 that will be my only problem.... again the fact that I asked LaMesa to please stop until I can get over to the dealership and go thru the losistics of pull a TT and they refused is still in my crawl ... I want to spread the word.. I will change the title as you suggested ..
I am 71! Still a young pup. Saundra fought for her mother till the day she passed (Saundra). She had her medical power of attorney, and helped her mom avoid the injection during the craziness, via threats of lawsuits, She had discussed the issue with her mom. But as far as issues that resulted in work unraveling mistakes that her mom made due to her age, she couldn't bring herself to declare her mom incompetent, so took it in stride, as one does when they tear out a miss placed stitch. I am glad your dad has an advocate in you!!!

Thank-you for the response Kevin ... he is definitely not incompetent just old and not necessarily thinking things through as he once did.. I am hoping that if I make it to 88 that will be my only problem.... again the fact that I asked LaMesa to please stop until I can get over to the dealership and go thru the losistics of pull a TT and they refused is still in my crawl ... I want to spread the word.. I will change the title as you suggested ..
I agree. People don't have to be mentally incompetent to be unaware of shady dealers and taken advantage of. There are plenty of younger people who are unaware of dealer tactics who get similarly screwed.

I would contact your local Attorney General, your state rep and senator, the AARP, and any local organization that helps the elderly.
They can put some pretty heavy pressure on the dealer.
Other than a real "tacky" move, not real sure what laws they broke. They worked with an adult that made a purchase decision. I did not see you mention a loan so he must have had the $$ to do it.
If it was me, I would have asked him several questions. As for legality, I would be surprised if they broke any state laws.
Ken

Other than a real "tacky" move, not real sure what laws they broke. They worked with an adult that made a purchase decision. I did not see you mention a loan so he must have had the $$ to do it.
If it was me, I would have asked him several questions. As for legality, I would be surprised if they broke any state laws.
Ken
I did not say they broke any laws ... not sure where you got that .. in my opinion it was more that just a "tacky" move.. the "adult" was my 88 year old father and yes he did have the money.... again never mentioned that .. I asked them to please stop until I could get over to the dealer to see if my dad could safely pull a trailer and talk logistics ..they never contacted me ...so I was never offered the opportunity to ask "several"or any questions for that matter.. this was more about integrity and looking out for our elderly over profit ...

Generally when people mention Attorney General, State Rep, and Senator, they are leaning towards some sort of legal solution. Just an assumption on my end.
By "IF IT WAS ME" I meant as the sales person. If I was the sales person or involved on that end. I fully agree with you that for a dealer to complete this transaction, stinks. I made the "assumption" that you were suggesting seeking a legal remedy. I just questioned what (if any) law was broken.
I am not the enemy here.
Thank you,
Ken

Generally when people mention Attorney General, State Rep, and Senator, they are leaning towards some sort of legal solution. Just an assumption on my end.
By "IF IT WAS ME" I meant as the sales person. If I was the sales person or involved on that end. I fully agree with you that for a dealer to complete this transaction, stinks. I made the "assumption" that you were suggesting seeking a legal remedy. I just questioned what (if any) law was broken.
I am not the enemy here.
Thank you,
Ken
Thanks Ken .... absolutely do not think you are the enemy did not mean to portray it that way ... I believe the advice from others to seek higher pay grade than me involvement was for elderly advocacy ...not necessarily a legal solution... as you stated there was no laws broken in the transaction just taking advantage of someone that I feel could of been avoided if they would of just allowed me to ask questions prior to sale.. I do appreciated the dialog from everyone.. it has been helpful...nothing may come from this but if I'm not a advocate for my Dad who else would ?

I believe the advice from others to seek higher pay grade than me involvement was for elderly advocacy ...not necessarily a legal solution... as you stated there was no laws broken in the transaction just taking advantage of someone that I feel could of been avoided if they would of just allowed me to ask questions prior to sale.
Well, now.......looking at it from that angle.....depending on IF there are any elder advocacy laws in your state, and how they're worded, there MIGHT be a broken law. Something to think about and look into. An advocacy group would be an asset here, I should think.
Do step carefully, though. There might be some devils in the details. (Like him getting declared incompetent.)

Roger

My husband worked for a car dealership in the Chattanooga area for a few weeks when we had first moved to the area. At the end of the first week, he came home and said he didn't think he could do that. One of the things that rankled was the attitude towards elderly customers. The salesmen were expected to not let them off the lot until they had pressured the older customer into buying a vehicle, even if they were still in the "looking" phase. This is a common practice at many new and used car dealerships. One couple was so "strongly" pressured that David thought it was illegal. It certainly was unethical. Took David the following week to line up another job. He never did get paid for the three vehicles that he sold.

Latest resources

Back