• Commercial/Vendors welcome

California ban on gas engines <25hp

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Emissions is the term used to describe the gases and particles which are put into the air or emitted by various sources.

We're living in a strange age when people driving dinosaur-devouring recreational vehicles, argue in favor of banning a weed whacker. Strange times, indeed.

View attachment 9307

Wow--they really are stretching the truth there.

My lawn mower uses less than .25 gallons of gas in 1 hour. A car that drives 300 miles on < 0.25 gallons of gas does not exist--and frankly never will.

Even Electric cars use more fossil fuel to drive 300 miles than my lawn mower does in 1 hour----where do you think electricity comes from? Most of it is fossil fuels.

View attachment 9308

Unless California has built lots of power plants since 2018, I think the above graph is close enough to accurate. (source: 2018 Total System Electric Generation)

Update -- Found the 2020 Guide here: 2020 Total System Electric Generation
Yeah, my grandson told me once that a cow fart does as much damage to the environment as driving from NY to LA. Learned that in school. Set him straight and told him his teacher could call me if she wants.
Haven't heard back.

We're living in a strange age when people driving dinosaur-devouring recreational vehicles, argue in favor of banning a weed whacker. Strange times, indeed.
I agree. Cannot see how anyone that owns a motorhome would think this makes sense.

It is like the guy that invented the internet, who now flies a private jet to raise awareness on pollution. It's all about money...look deep enough and you will find he is heavily invested in failed solar and related energy sources.

Solar makes sense for an RV that is willing to do without most heavy power consumption. Doesn't work at all for one that likes to run all 3 air conditioners during the day, and the floor heat at night while baking a pot roast in the convection oven. For that...we need lots of electricity.

The ultimate goal: You. Peon. You live in tent, ride horse. Only govt can drive car, MH, fly plane, etc.

Now that we have all had our panic...let's examine what this law doesn't do;

1. It does not take away your existing small engine
2. It does not prevent use of these items even in the future
3. It does not affect sales in states other than California
4. It does not prevent repair of older units.

There really is no need for panic. Those that want gas engines <25hp will buy them in Nevada, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, or any of the other 47 lower states.

Smuggling engines in will be very simple.

Smuggling cherries from Oregon into California is not simple.

It’s aimed at reducing weed eaters and lawnmowers. Good riddance to both. Stinky noisy things. Happy to see them go.
Yeah, then the grass and weeds can take over and hide all those cars and trucks we can't drive anymore. Wait, Waaaa?

I like what you're saying Redbaron. I don't worry about CA. because I will never go there. But, being in the Automotive trade for most of my life, the Feds always seem to follow suit where CARB is concerned. It will take awhile but that is their end game. It seems to me that California just uses fire as a brush cutter

Kids...up and down the state. Can't leave 'em so complaining is all I have left ?
Well, at least you can complain from one of the loveliest areas in our country. ? Judy

Wow. Talk about over reaching. California wild fires over the past couple of years have sent smoke not only over much of California but to numerous other States, and now they want to worry about a few weed wackers? OMG.

Latest resources

Back