• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Campground Closures & Social Distancing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
With the virus spreading rapidly in LA I cancelled my two KOA reservations (Baton Rouge and New Orleans) and will re-route around LA. Kudos to KOA for effortless cancellations, full refunds.
Wise move, @Neal; New Orleans is just exploding with new cases.

TJ

I feel safer RVing and at Campgrounds. I'm not too fond of heading home but so be it. Camping is isolation by design. The CG I'm at now locked the office and they are doing after hours procedures around the clock. I wish the KOA at Las Cruces did that, I wasn't happy having to spend time in the office registering, it's unnecessary!

We originally had reservations for the month of April at Azalea Acres up in Robertsdale AL. We generally use them once or twice a year. They have extremely long pull thru sites, only charge $300+ electric per month, and have always been pretty friendly.

We had to call and cancel because of the virus. We had a $100 deposit with them. They are not refunding anything which really disappointed me under the circumstances. They said we could apply it toward another visit in 2020, which really isn't much help. Probably not a CG we will use in the future.

We originally had reservations for the month of April at Azalea Acres up in Robertsdale AL. We generally use them once or twice a year. They have extremely long pull thru sites, only charge $300+ electric per month, and have always been pretty friendly.

We had to call and cancel because of the virus. We had a $100 deposit with them. They are not refunding anything which really disappointed me under the circumstances. They said we could apply it toward another visit in 2020, which really isn't much help. Probably not a CG we will use in the future.

Well from their prospective I can understand, though I too would want my deposit back. They are likely going to lose a lot of money. Depending on how long this goes on many campgrounds may have to raise their rates and some good ones may go under. I pray neither.

Don't forget to post capground reviews on campgroundreviews.com.
Service reviews on http://rvservicereviews.com.

I believe I have read other posts on RV forums where others have received full refunds for deposits due to current events. But I agree, they will no doubt lose money in 2020 just like hundreds of thousands of other businesses. I just feel that when you keep deposits under the present circumstances you are really taking advantage of your customers misfortunes.

The next Florida CG we are going to for the month of April seems to treat their customers just the opposite in these difficult times. They told us that during our upcoming 30 day stay we didn't have to worry about paying the electric because they were going to take care of it. The park manager explained that since they had to close their pool and clubhouse they decided it was only fair they did a little more for their customers.

That is great. Airlines are the worst and don’t want to give any refunds. We were planning a trip to Europe late July and flying out of Calgary because it was convenient with our travels. I wanted to cancel but no refund, I can rebook but Calgary won’t work if I do. Airline says too bad

That is great. Airlines are the worst and don’t want to give any refunds. We were planning a trip to Europe late July and flying out of Calgary because it was convenient with our travels. I wanted to cancel but no refund, I can rebook but Calgary won’t work if I do. Airline says too bad
Yeah, Bill, but they will be at the head of the line for the new economic stimulus money.

TJ

That has always been a tough deal when dealing with airlines IMHO. The DW flies domestically once or twice a year during our winter down time. She can't go more than a couple months without hugging and kissing our grandkids, imagine that?

It is always a tough call on getting the insurance or not. It really increases the prices of tickets so we usually don't buy it.

So due to the uncertainty of the virus and of the individual state mandates on restricted travel, we needed to cancel 5 reservation with KOA campgrounds. All five refused to refund full amount because " you were scheduled to stay after April 30, so no refund of cancellation fee."

I feel this is a windfall profit on behalf of KOA! I am providing them with ample notice which allows their parks to fill the space I had reserved. The virus and government response by State and Federal is not something of which I can control . In good faith, KOA should not be taking advantage of the situation even if their policy dictates it. These are extraordinary times, extraordinary companies in our great country have stepped up for the American People. Why is not KOA stepping up for their campers?

Latest resources

Back