• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Campground etiquette

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Because I'm jealous! For me that's a 5 mile hike!!!

Sure, but I hold that it’s smarter to do things you enjoy than it is to “work smarter”. Why do I spend five minutes making my coffee in the morning rather than using a Keurig machine? Because I enjoy the process, and the coffee tastes better. Maximum efficiency is not what I’m aiming for.

Sure, but I hold that it’s smarter to do things you enjoy than it is to “work smarter”. Why do I spend five minutes making my coffee in the morning rather than using a Keurig machine? Because I enjoy the process, and the coffee tastes better. Maximum efficiency is not what I’m aiming for.
Don't use a keurigg machine for a couple reasons!
1) I don't know how to spell the word!
2)the disposable product would take up the space I put my drill!
3)my counter space would require I pull it out of storage every time I wanted a cup of J#e. As well as there would be no room for my boom box!!! And I know how much my neighbors like my blank blank music.

I really need to add a thumbs down action button

Dumping tanks:

Be mindful of dumping your tanks as it's typically not an air tight connection to the ground and there could be smells that result from your dumping. It's great that tank dumping is typically opposite your patio but guess who gets to enjoy it...your neighbor. If they are sitting out on their patio or having dinner, lunch, etc. Have an ounce of courtesy and dump your tanks when no one is out there and pay attention if their windows are open if nearby. Case in point, I need to dump tanks, it's a cool morning, I have a coach right up next to me on the wet bay side. For this reason I will delay dumping tanks until this afternoon.

What's the etiquette with outdoor speakers?

Lights are a thing too. I have LED lights all over from under slide, under glow (underneath coach) and I rarely use them now. I'm annoyed by it now (I'm old and cranky) so I rarely use mine anymore. At my current location it comes to my attention who is lit up...

What's the etiquette with outdoor speakers?
I keep mine low enough that I’m the only one hearing it. If I see a neighbor outside, I’ll ask if they can hear it. I’ve yet to receive a complaint.

Turn them off. We go camping to enjoy nature, not your "music".
Totally agree--I just ask because the trailer next door this past weekend had theirs blaring all evening. We're new so not sure about that aspect.

What you saying, you can't stand me? I use a drill motor.
I also use a drill but not a hammer drill. Big difference. I always thought people who used drills to run down the jacks were just lazy. Then I bought a trailer with huge gear reduction jacks that took 20 minutes to deploy by hand.

Latest resources

Back